Home Made Sausage

cheesey

A new approach for sure and I wish them much success - but I suspect the company is really selling casings which are horribly expensive. Also, can they change the use of the word "are" to "our" on their web site because it's annoying and off putting.

A new approach for sure and I wish them much success - but I suspect the company is really selling casings which are horribly expensive. Also, can they change the use of the word "are" to "our" on their web site because it's annoying and off putting.

3100 Baht for 450 (30x15) meters of skins. That works out to 45,000 sausages at 10 cm. That's .07 Baht per sausage for the skins. I don't know if you have ever tried to clean the fresh ones but I would be willing to pay a lot more than 7 satang.

The big question is, does that plunger looking device come with the sausage kit?

7 satang per sausage, not too expensive.We guarantee a 100% saving on the local retail sausage of similar standard.

3100 Baht for 450 (30x15) meters of skins. That works out to 45,000 sausages at 10 cm. That's .07 Baht per sausage for the skins. I don't know if you have ever tried to clean the fresh ones but I would be willing to pay a lot more than 7 satang.

The big question is, does that plunger looking device come with the sausage kit?

Hi, thank you for the mathematics.The sausage stuffer in the website is from the uk,we can arrange purchase from Thailand if needed.We recommend that you buy a small mincer from Makro or Big C etc, with a sausage attachment.Are kits contain the ingredients,casings and a step by step guide in sausage making.Many thanks.

That works out to 45,000 sausages at 10 cm.

A bit more maths ; Let's see, 45,000 sausages at, say 6 every day will supply you for the next 20 years. So its pobably not such a good deal for the over sixties.

Are kits contain the ingredients,casings and a step by step guide in sausage making.Many thanks.

That's fine, but what do you get exactly? For instance the breakfast sausage kit 640 THB/Kg (Makes Approx 10Kg)

640 baht/Kg for the kit? I seem to be lost somewhere :)

Are kits contain the ingredients,casings and a step by step guide in sausage making.Many thanks.

That's fine, but what do you get exactly? For instance the breakfast sausage kit 640 THB/Kg (Makes Approx 10Kg)

640 baht/Kg for the kit? I seem to be lost somewhere :)

We provide in one kit "SAUSAGE MIX" to make 10Kg of sausage(not all at the same time)and casings to make 10Kg using the average size sausage of 4 inches.We also provide step by step instructions on sausage making.

A bit more maths ; Let's see, 45,000 sausages at, say 6 every day will supply you for the next 20 years. So its pobably not such a good deal for the over sixties.

Are kits have enough casings to make 10Kg of sausage.The maths is for a commercial establishment where the savings are high.Still a good deal when we can save you 100% of the cost of local sausage in Chiang Mai.

If you require a commercial stuffer i can provide in Chiang Mai.

Very interesting topic -- Thank you, 'Cheesy' for posting.

I had a few questions, so sent email to the company last night.

Quick reply received early this morning -- indicates good customer service.

Might be useful information for others interested in this package:

(Reply in red is from Mr. Moo company.)

> I read about your sausage making kit on Thai Visa.com

>

> Can I buy the kit in a store in Chiangmai?
We can arrange to deliver your kit cash on delivery to your address in Chiang Mai.

>

> Do you put M.S.G. into the sausage seasoning?
No we do not use.

> ใส่ผงชูรสหรือรสดีไหมครับ

> Because I can not eat M.S.G.

>

> Thank you.

>

> -- Oneman

> Chiangmai

> .

Is "Mr. Moo" a brand of sausages available in retail stores in Chiangmai?

If so, I want to try them.

Where to look: TOPS? Rimping? Somewhere else?

Or is this only a kit, or sausages only sold to restaurants in large quantities?

Thank you.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

7 satang per sausage, not too expensive.We guarantee a 100% saving on the local retail sausage of similar standard.

Sure the per sausage cost of the casings is cheap enough but I really wouldn't want to buy a 20 year supply of casings, just to make a couple of pounds of sausages once a month, especially when that supply of those casings are going to cost me several thousand baht. I think if it were my concept then I might distribute the costs differently, perhaps reduce the volume and cost of casings and go for a mass market approach at lower costs. Regardless, I really do wish you good luck with it all.

Edited by chiang mai

Sure the per sausage cost of the casings is cheap enough but I really wouldn't want to buy a 20 year supply of casings, just to make a couple of pounds of sausages once a month, especially when that supply of those casings are going to cost me several thousand baht. I think if it were my concept then I might distribute the costs differently, perhaps reduce the volume and cost of casings and go for a mass market approach at lower costs. Regardless, I really do wish you good luck with it all.

Thats the reason where selling kits.In the kit there is enough sausage mix to make 10Kg of sausage and enough casings to make 10Kg of sausage.The box price is for high users.

Is "Mr. Moo" a brand of sausages available in retail stores in Chiangmai?

If so, I want to try them.

Where to look: TOPS? Rimping? Somewhere else?

Or is this only a kit, or sausages only sold to restaurants in large quantities?

Thank you.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Hi,Oneman we are a sausage and bacon wholesaler, are main business is with the hotels here in Chiang Mai.We do have Two retail shops one in Phuket and Pattaya.Many people have asked for the sausage and bacon in Chiang Mai ,this is reason why where trying out the sausage and bacon kits.Many thanks.

I just did the math and i believe it works out to roughly 0.7 baht (70 satangs) per 4 inch length of casing.

Each meter of casing is roughly 40 inches long.There are 450 meters (30x15) in all. Each meter yields ten 4 inch casings 450x10=4500 Total cost=3100 baht Divide the total cost by the total amount of 4 inch lengths (3100/4500) and you get 0.69 Baht per 4 inch length.

Hi,I would like to give you an update on the MR Moo sausages.We had a BBQ last night and the sausages went down a treat they cooked really well and never split like most sausages we have tried locally.We made from the 10Kg kit 200 sausages,not bad for 640THB plus the cost of the pork and a few breadcrumbs.Top marks to Mr Moo.

Thank you for the comments.Mr Moo,s website has now been updated.

My friends over-60 assure me, they welcome as many wholesome 10cm 'sausages', as the gods see fit to grant them ! :)

My friends over-60 assure me, they welcome as many wholesome 10cm 'sausages', as the gods see fit to grant them ! :)

That is assuming that you eat all the sausages themselves. Again assuming that half are shared that would be only 10 years worth of sausages.

It's starting to look a whole lot better for the over 60 crowd.

Hi,I would like to give you an update on the MR Moo sausages.We had a BBQ last night and the sausages went down a treat they cooked really well and never split like most sausages we have tried locally.We made from the 10Kg kit 200 sausages,not bad for 640THB plus the cost of the pork and a few breadcrumbs.Top marks to Mr Moo.

So what exactly is the "sausage mix' you get with the kit, that you need to buy extra pork? The "kit" is supposed to make 10Kg of sausages. Maybe if we saw the instructions all would be clear :)