Isp Providers In Hua Hin

wpcoe

I'm in preliminary research about possibly moving to Hua Hin. I read through the last year's posts here, and didn't see much commentary about internet access and wonder what ADSL access is on offer these days? TOT? TT&T/3BB? True? Others?

I think the reliability of each provider varies greatly depending on where you live. But we use TT&T (think it's called 3BB now) both at our house (10mbit) and at our office (3mbit premier) and we literally never had any problems with the lines. We had TOT before at the office and could sometimes go for days without net.

• 3 weeks later...

How is the availability of new lines for installation? I know in some neighborhoods in Pattaya, TT&T and/or True need to put new customers on a waiting list for a new line. Is that similar in Hua Hin?

We live in Cha Am and have TOT as our provider. We have 4Mbit and it cost us 790 baht a month. It has never measured 4Mbit but does get up to 3.6 occasionally and usually around 3Mbit. The service has been reasonable stable for the last couple of months. !0Mbit would be nice but hasn't made it to this area yet, when it does I'll go for it.

How is the availability of new lines for installation? I know in some neighborhoods in Pattaya, TT&T and/or True need to put new customers on a waiting list for a new line. Is that similar in Hua Hin?

We had that happen to us when we opened our office, TT&T said that had no available telephone numbers for us, so we had to wait until they put out more cables. Luckily for us our office is on the main road and they put out cables at least once a week there (no wonder the spaghetti hanging in the poles).

• 1 year later...
CAT Fiber Optic is what I use in Cha-Am, I am sure they must have it in HH as well. :)

What is the advertised speed for CAT Fiber Optic, and how much do you pay per month?

I think the reliability of each provider varies greatly depending on where you live. But we use TT&T (think it's called 3BB now) both at our house (10mbit) and at our office (3mbit premier) and we literally never had any problems with the lines. We had TOT before at the office and could sometimes go for days without net.

Yes excellent service.

Same as above TOT is half the price and isn't bad, but caps around 3mb ... didn't see any P2P throttleing though!

Were you replying to my post just above your? A 3Mbps cap doesn't sound right on fiber optic...