After Midnight Options Other Than Taxi From Bkk To Bangkok

Hi, are there any minivans or regular buses from the bus station to anywhere in bangkok (prefer sathrorn/

Lumpini Park, but elsewhere (such as Victory monument, Hualonpon/Queen Sikrit convention center train station etc are acceptable options too))

-Does anyone have any suggestions.

I should have my luggage and all about 30 minutes after midnight.

thank you

the last buses leave before midnight, you can share taxi with somebody else

yes the last tourist airport bus leaves around midnight. I think you can take a free bus to a bus terminal a couple of kilometers away and then take another bus for about 50 baht or less -- does anyone know?

asked why not take a metered taxi above -- to save money, I have little luggage and extra time. How much would a taxi cost including airport surcharges, highway tolls, meter, tip?

thanks, question remains if there is in fact another way.

yes the last tourist airport bus leaves around midnight. I think you can take a free bus to a bus terminal a couple of kilometers away and then take another bus for about 50 baht or less -- does anyone know?

asked why not take a metered taxi above -- to save money, I have little luggage and extra time. How much would a taxi cost including airport surcharges, highway tolls, meter, tip?

Where you going?

When the rail line opens, does anyone know if it will run 24h? A lot of flights from N. America come in during the night, so it would be a useful alternative to the taxis.

In answer to the OP, taxis are your only option right now during the night. I hope that changes!

According to the Nation, the BMTA has cancelled all buses to the airport. However, the same article makes mention of the possiblity of private companies still operating routes to the airport.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30089456

Edited by mauiguy90

I am going to the Lumpini Park area.

Thanks for the info about the BMTA buses, that is what I wanted to know.

I guess I will take a taxi or try to get on an earlier flight.

Taxi : 200 - 250 Baht

Toll fees : 90 Baht

Don't forget many drivers will, if asked bypass the toll booths and take the less glamorous route into town, but this carries the risk of a higher meter rate... so youa re kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul (or a Thai equiv')

If 350 Baht is really a struggle for you, are you sure you can afford to come here on holiday... Bangkok (IMO) isn't the cheapest place in the world..

There is a transportation center at the airport, and some of the buses run 24hrs/day.

they were running at hourly intervals for the first year after the airport opening, but there were not enough passengers. They don't run now and even less chance after the rail opening the next year.

if you know, tell what numbers are still running?