Paula Radcliffe Win London Marathon

I have been reading news reports on the BBC website, just now an 'apology' from Paula Radcliffe for her toilet break at the side of the road, during the London Marathon.

Did she really take a dump on the pavement in full view of millions of viewers?

The BBC is too polite to explain the full facts....?

The marathon went past my place yesterday. I can confirm that there were many people taking the opportunity to relive themselves in front and behind some roadside billboards near my place.

In that respect, young Paula is no different to the rest of the marthon racing public.

she had a pee not a dump!she said that she couldnt run as fast with a full bladder so she squatted over a surface water drain and opened the floodgates!(good job she wasn,t in thailand ,a rat might have ----well you know!) another thought--what if a guy had stopped to take a pee ,whole different outcome i reckon

Last month I very nearly took a dump in Soi Chidlom.

To this day I have no idea how I made it to a toilet, I was almost hallucinating with ringpiece pain

I should have just stuck my 'arris out over the San Saeb canal. Actually, given its current condition, my contribution might have made it cleaner.

Paula saga will run and run

By Ian Chadband, Evening Standard

18 April 2005

Good old Paula. Like the unbeatable show-stopper she is, it was not enough for her simply to deliver another of the most superlative performances in athletics annals to mark a grand 25th edition of the Flora London Marathon.

No, only Paula Radcliffe could run a world record while also having to negotiate the inconvenience of what she evidently felt was the most excruciatingly embarrassing - if mercifully brief - pit-stop in the history of the sport.

"Oh, Jeez," she muttered, rolling her eyes in dismay as she pondered later how the BBC had thoughtfully relayed her now-to-be fabled toilet break in Wapping to a mere five million or so TV viewers who were all gasping about whether this might just be the Olympics revisited.

Had she thought of fighting off those stomach cramps until she reached the portable loo a bit further up Commercial Road? "Well I'd have had to get over the barriers and fight my way through the crowd," she mused. "Then have to stop and sign a couple of autographs on the way back."

Though we all laughed at this vision, she actually could have done all that and still won, so complete was her dominance with a five-minute gap over her nearest pursuer, Romania's Constantina Dita-Tomescu, in a world-class field.

Instead, during this 22nd mile, she found a discreet bit of shadow, took a 15-second break, dispensed with her white gloves - er, best not to ask why - and scuttled on again to clock a world record for a women's only race, 2hr 17min 42sec. They should mark the spot with a brown plaque, one wag piped up.

The papers reporting that with appearance, prize and bonus money, she knocked down somewhere in the neighborhood of 25M baht for a little over two hours of work. For that kind of cheese, I wouldn't care where or when I had the urge to purge.

I've read this is a common problem where ever marathon courses are, especially with such large fields of entrants. Image the London marathon with 30-thousand something entrants, most of whom will be out there for 4-6 hours or more. If even 10% have to go during the event, that's a lot of public peeing/pooing.

The papers reporting that with appearance, prize and bonus money, she knocked down somewhere in the neighborhood of 25M baht for a little over two hours of work. For that kind of cheese, I wouldn't care where or when I had the urge to purge.

I've read this is a common problem where ever marathon courses are, especially with such large fields of entrants. Image the London marathon with 30-thousand something entrants, most of whom will be out there for 4-6 hours or more. If even 10% have to go during the event, that's a lot of public peeing/pooing.

My neighbour said that last year he had 9 marathon runners ask to come and use his loo. To give you an idea of how many people there were, from about 11am till 2.30pm on Sunday the road out the front of my place was PACKED with runners shuffling past. No gaps in the crowd at all. From 2.30 till 4pm there were still runners ambling past. As I said before, the road side billboards up the road from me got transformed into a makeshift urinal for the day.

Don't understand why an experienced marathon runner needs to go to the toilet.

Have run 150 marathons and half marathons and never needed to go to the loo.

Normally no eating takes place after the carbo breakfast, and any drink usually evaporates in perspiration during the race. She must have had too much bok bok the night before :o

she had a pee not a dump!she said that she couldnt run as fast with a full bladder so she squatted over a surface water drain and opened the floodgates!(good job she wasn,t in thailand ,a rat might have ----well you know!)  another thought--what if a guy had stopped to take a pee ,whole different outcome i reckon

Who'd come first ? :o

The marathon went past my place yesterday. I can confirm that there were many people taking the opportunity to relive themselves in front and behind some roadside billboards near my place.

In that respect, young Paula is no different to the rest of the marthon racing public.

If you live near the site, can you retrieve the turd. Send it to me by e.m.s and i'll sell it on ebay. :o:D:D

I'll split the profits with you ! :D

Greta Waitz crapped herself in the 84 NYC marathon...didnt bother to find a bush or porta potty. Ran all down her legs. I witnessed lots of folks squatting behind trees when I ran in 86 Rotterdam marathon. Sometimes you get the trots and have no where to go..especially in a city marathon like London. Poor slobs.

Sully