Tummy Tuck

hnka

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone has had a tummy tuck done in PRATUNAM POLYCLINIC? I have seen their advert in the newspapers and their prices are far cheaper than in some of the hospitals in Bangkok. I am thinking of getting it done before going back to Europe.

Let me know ASAP if anyone out there has done so with them...

Many thanks!

Hi Hnka!

I have never heard of the place before, so i am sorry i cannot help you.

Just be careful, will you?!

A tummy tuck is a rather big procedure.

Don't get blinded by a cheaper price, perhaps a more wellknown hospital is worth the extra money in the long run.

Take care,

comehome :)

Hey

They have been advertising for years in some newspapers

I went there last year and did not go through as I went for diet (trying) but it is quite a popular spot (plenty of pictures )

If I were to go for it I would choose laser over surgery (however mild it is)

1. I advise against having this procedure done in a clinic. In Thailand especially, clinics and doctors offices are usually not up to standard in terms of emergency equipment and provisions for prompt emergency measures if something goes wrong.

2. Also advise against chosing on basis of cost. It is often possible to get top quality care for a disease/injury at low cost but not cosmetic work. By and large you get what you pay for.

Depending on how large the area is and your skin turgor there are a variety of procedures that might suffice: simple liposuction (normal or laser) or abdominoplasty, the latter is a bigger procedure that involves taking in the excess skin that would otherwise result. It is more extensive and costs more.

Most doctors do not charge for consultation, or charge only a minimal amount. I suggest you have a few consultations at several different reputable hospitals with some of the doctors you can find mentioned favorably if you search this site. See what they all tell you in terms of what procedure you need and the cost.

If you have any chronic health problems like diabetes, heart disease, allergies be sure to mention them as well as any medications you are taking.

Thank you all for the reply. I am in fact doing a little more research on tummy tuck procedures done in three of the hospitals in Bangkok. I guess I am more likely to do it in a hospital rather than the polyclinic....it sounds a little too good to be true the price and I do in fact have reservations.Even if the price will be a little more expensive, I just dont want to take a gamble with the Polyclinic.

Whatever it is, I am certain that the polyclinic is out of the question now. So thanks again for the replies!

Chill!

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt use polyclinic.

I would feel more comfortable in a hospital with more major procedures etc

Then again did have GA and 5hr op at Yoskarn but I did check and they did have emergency equipment, 2 surgeons, nurses and anaesthesiologist so went for it.

Tummy tuck would not take 5 hrs to perform.

Edited by jackoneilone