Rock In Pattaya

andyww

Enzo is great but not exactly Rock"n"Roll.

Try the Blues Factory, the Climax band plays now at that new complex at the South end of Walking Street and of course the Friday jam session in Nakluea..a search in this forum will bring you fast and easy to the location...

Here are some places that play the music you like:

Blues Factory - Walking Street

Utopia - Soho Square at the end of Walking Street

Blue Sky III - Walking Street

Toy Bar - cnr 2nd Road and Soi 2

Pacific Bar - next door

Yuth's Bar - 2nd Road opp Big C

Tattoo bar - beside Tiffany's

that should get you started

no one mentioned Bamboo bar next to subway at the entrance to walking st,they play good old songs,but then again many of the blokes are too, but i have always had a good time there,when in the mood.and if you r lucky u may see a freelancer or 2

no one mentioned Bamboo bar next to subway at the entrance to walking st,they play good old songs,but then again many of the blokes are too, but i have always had a good time there,when in the mood.and if you r lucky u may see a freelancer or 2

Been there 2 or 3 times. The permanent hassle by the freelancers put me off...won't be back.

Hi guys.

Sorry for offtopic, but imho this is the best thread to ask.

Are there rock bands here in Pattaya open for jamming? I used to play guitar for some years and now want to find musicians to play a session or two.

I'm not that good to call myself a real guitar pro but still able to play something listenable.

Thanx.

AFAIK ther are three venues in town with regular jam sessions:

Blues Factory (Walking Street) Sunday nights

Bristol Bar (Jomtien Soi 6) Wednesday and Sunday Nights

Leo's Blues Bar (Nakluea Soi 18) Friday and sometimes Saturday nights.

Most other places with live band will let you play if you ask for jamming.

Well, hit Hard Rock again last night. Taxi was playing. What a great concert. Played all his top hits...and we had the front table. Gals even got to dance with him! It was great Thai rock, with the house band playing all the oldie rock songs. Fantastic...except for this morning...

Hi guys.

Sorry for offtopic, but imho this is the best thread to ask.

Are there rock bands here in Pattaya open for jamming? I used to play guitar for some years and now want to find musicians to play a session or two.

I'm not that good to call myself a real guitar pro but still able to play something listenable.

Thanx.

As Raro mentioned The Blues Factory on Soi Lucky Star walking st has a jam night on sundays, blues until 1215am and rock from 1230 onwards. The blues band have a break at around 1045pm so thats a good time to have a chat with Snowman (band leader) about songs etc.

I'm hoping Len Tucky (ex Suzi Quatro) will be back here on sunday so he'll be jamming also.

:)

Checked out Hard Rock last night. OMG that place is expensive! 4700 Baht for meal and couple of drinks for 3 of us.

Very competent Filipino band. Great atmos and staff. Tendency to drop into tracks like YMCA which is not exactly rock but fun I suppose. Slightly spoiled by poor acoustics in the venue and the fact that for some reason the drummer is encased in a plastic shield which makes it sound as though he was playing next door (why?). All in all not worth the cost though as equal Filipino bands can be seen all over the place for normal drinks prices. Place was quite empty for a Saturday which indicates overpricing...

Also checked out the "new" band in the Hot Tuna. Excellent, very high standard of play but unfortunately no keyboard player. Better all-round than the Hard Rock though.

Spent a short time in the Utopia Lounge. Need to check back there but seemed that the band were absolutely first rate. Guitarist is a real show-off but good enough to be so. Initial impression is this is the best yet.

Heading out to Blues Factory tonight.

Blues factory was outstanding... great night.

I cant beleve I have not found this place before. I always thought it was a gogo bar down that passage. In fact I think it used to be, cant remember what it was called.

Also the name does not indicate rock is on the agenda. But certainly was, and of the very best kind.

Will definitely be going back!