British Embassy Direct Contact Details Wanted (visa Section)

Dear members

I am about to make representation by email to the Entry Clearance Manager, and Ambassador. Mr Quinton Quayle at the British Embassy, Bangkok.

Im aware of all the main email adresses but interested in sending this representation DIRECT to these two key figures within this establisment. The representation is a plea to review the decision on a recent visa refusal for one of my family members, in the hope that it will be overturned.

Thank you in advance

Problem is the Ambassador is only another public servant who will find he cannot intefere with Immigration matters as it is not his department, he must feel like a real stuffed shirt sometimes. Good luck with getting the others to admit they got it wrong in the first place.

British citizens have the right to contact the ambassador and although there are departmental issues obviously he could in theory apply a big stick to the visa people...

Overall it would possibly be better to start with an email or fax to the complaints section as they do respond if some obvious mistake has been made

Other than the contact details published on the embassy website, I am unaware of any contact details for the ambassador or the entry clearance section.

As far as I'm aware, the ambassador has no influence over decisions made by the entry clearance officers, and cannot get them to alter a decision.

If you feel the decision was wrong then you should contact the entry clearance manager and ask for a review, or if the type of visa attracts a right of appeal then submit an appeal as per the information given with the refusal notice.

Notice of any appeal must be submitted within 28 days of the refusal.

If you would like specific advice on this refusal then we need to know the type of visa applied for and exactly what the refusal notice says.