Looking For A House To Rent Chiang Mai

patong

6.000 bhat will not get you a house in or around Chaing Mai which is furnished (unless maybe in a suspect neighbourhood). You could probably get some sort of small furnished apartment for that price. You'd need to specify what you mean by "house".

Not quite sure why people think you won't,its very easy to get nice houses or/even condos around Chiang mai,5000baht a month at a lot of places,don't get me wrong its not the Shangri la but really easy to find a nice place

Me too! I have a very nice house just off the Sunday Walking Street it's exactly 6000 BAHT per month plus a few bills. Easy!

Plenty of possibilities. I've seen single story 2 bed one bath with outside kitchen, unfurnished in safe little moo ban for 3500 about 12km from town centre.

You'll have to look around and you'll have to sign a one year contract but no reason you shouldn't be able to find one. Easier with a Thai friend and perhaps cheaper, but don't worry too much—not every Thai is out to rip you off.

Small 2 bedroom tract houses in smaller moo bans go for around 5500 to 6500 (furnished) within 10 kilometer of downtown. Apartments are also available outside the city using the same distance marker. The negative comments may come from those paying more or someone trying to rent housing.

I have just found a two bedroom single storey ,partly furnished ,in Sansai ,10 km from the center for B8,500 ,with 6 month contract .It has a nice big garden but i am sure that i can find something better in the 6 months .Its local knowledge and contacts that will get you a cheaper deal .

And Chiang Mai continues its image as a slum destination for losers, gotta love it...yeah.

6,000 baht furnished housing (hey what about the jacuzzi!) and 20 baht meals. Next thread will be where to find cheap wretched old crones as live ins for cheap sexual favours...can't wait! In fact have heard it outside this forum already...true.

Soon the impoverished of Africa will be coming to compete financially with the destitute sludge of the west.

Argent - "Hold Your Head Up" - no longer playing in this town.

The negative comments may come from those paying more or someone trying to rent housing.

Negative? It's a question of paying for what you get. So depends on what the OP really means by "house". I've recently spent a montth or so looking for a three bedroom place in and around Chiang Mai (within 5-6 km from the city). I saw maybe 20 places, ranging from 7,000 - 20,000 bhat for 3-4 beroom houses. It's certainly possible to find at the lower end of that scale but it may take a while to find a better place for that price. The cheaper ones I looked at were older, lacked maintenance and were in less secure areas and not furnished.

I know of a city center townhouse 3BR and 3 storeys, furnished. It's from one of my favorite noodle ladies. She said it's 8K/mo though. 6K plus furniture isn't impossible, but you'll have to come look look look for awhile and then maybe you'll find that. I lucked out with my house, it's 3BR 3BA with yards n balconies in an ok neighborhood and only 6k. But no AC and no furniture. It's all a trade off. There's another one vacant on my street same as mine - oh, and I'm about 12 mins to city center by motosai - easy! Let me know if you wanna be pt in touch with either of the landlords.