Forums Menu And Breaking News Bar

Chaam local

The navigation bar on top of page has direct links to Home, News, SMS News, etc, but the 'Forums' button has a sub-menu with Rules, Members, Search... This sub-menu is very tricky to access with IE7, as the Breaking News bar keeps overwriting it. You have to wait between 2 pieces of "news" to be able to catch an item in the sub-menu. So the first items can be clicked, but you have to be really fast to click an item at the bottom of the list (and Help is at the very bottom of the list, ironically). No problem with FFx and Chrome though.

It's not a big issue, but I really dislike this Breaking News bar, I find it useless and intrusive. It is actually so intrusive that it makes it difficult for IE7 users to read the forum rules... :)

please try this solution:

I have finally figured it out. My computer screen is 17 inches and if my browser fills the screen it jumps around. I found that if I narrow the browser the Breaking News feed line gets wider and the jumping stops.

Still exactly the same problem. Besides, getgoin mentions something jumping around, whereas I only mentioned a problem to access a submenu.

Anyway, I just noticed a problem and I took the time to tell you about it. Now it's all yours, you care to find a solution for your users or you don't. If you think it's ok that IE7 users can't access the forum rules, then keep it that way. Personnally I never use this submenu anyway, so I'm not going to try this or that just to see if it works or not. It's the webmaster's job to make sure new features work with all common versions of browsers.

However, if you introduce an option to get rid of the breaking news bar, I will be happy to do some beta testing!