Long Distance Rides With Dt 125 Or Ts 125

octabrain

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a Yamaha DT 125 or Suzuki TS 125.

Does anyone know if this kind of bike is suitable for "long" distance rides, like about 400 km. I don't worry about comfort, i just wonder, if the engine would play along on a ride like this.

Thanks for answers.

Bengt

I owned a DT125 a few years back, it's basically a pretend motocross bike, too weak for serious off road riding and clearly a poor design for touring, pretty uncomfortable. I rode mine from Bristol to London (not far - about 200 kms) and found it quite painful despite being only 19 at the time. They're solid bikes, no issues with reliabilty but too upright and high revving for long trips and the tyres make the handling pretty dangerous on tarmac, maybe a bit better with Supermoto tyres?

But I don't think they sell these in Thailand anyway, even though I've seen a fairly new one near my apartment in Bangkok I'm pretty sure it's a grey import. If you're thinking about a second hand bike with a suspect green book then I'd be a bit careful.

Ideal for shortish trips around poorly maintained roads and dirt tracks but there are much more suitable bikes that are available for 400km trips.