You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Lopburi Immigration ?

Nibor1945

Thought I'd ask this on the local forum, has anybody heard when the Lopburi immigration office is opening? I asked on my last visit to Chaeng Wattana but only got a vague "in the New Year" answer, I have a 90 day report to do in the first week of the new Year and Lopburi would be much more convenient than the trip to Bangkok.

Regards Nibor

I was told at the begining of December by Ayuttha Immigration that the Lopburi Immmigration was now opened and it is next to the Lopburi Police Station.

Phone number given was 036-424686.

BAYBOY

Many thanks for that BAYBOY, I'll check it out.

Merry Christmas and/or (as applicable) a Happy New Year.

Nibor.

Just to confirm that Lopburi Immigration is open for business, I got the wife to phone and get directions using the number supplied by BAYBOY 036-424686.

From Saraburi it's on the first Roundabout you meet, past Big C, Lotus and Carrefour. The turnoff into the Police station is actually on the roundabout just past the first turnoff on the left, if you imagine a clock face it's at about 10 o'clock.

if your approaching from the North it's the roundabout after the Monkey Temple roundabout, and using the clock face again is situated at 4 O'clock.

The entrance takes you into the Police station carpark, the Lopburi immigration building is (as you look at it) off to the Right (about 50 meters) and set back a bit. It does have car parking in front of the building and the building is clearly marked "Lopburi Immigration".

The office is on the first floor, top of the stairs, turn right and it's on the left, There were no other customers when I arrived at 1430 hrs and the officers (5 in all) were relaxed, friendly and helpful. If I had not lost my prepared 90 day report form, we would have been out in less than the 15 minutes it took to complete the process.

Nibor.

Just to confirm that Lopburi Immigration is open for business, I got the wife to phone and get directions using the number supplied by BAYBOY 036-424686.

From Saraburi it's on the first Roundabout you meet, past Big C, Lotus and Carrefour. The turnoff into the Police station is actually on the roundabout just past the first turnoff on the left, if you imagine a clock face it's at about 10 o'clock.

if your approaching from the North it's the roundabout after the Monkey Temple roundabout, and using the clock face again is situated at 4 O'clock.

The entrance takes you into the Police station carpark, the Lopburi immigration building is (as you look at it) off to the Right (about 50 meters) and set back a bit. It does have car parking in front of the building and the building is clearly marked "Lopburi Immigration".

The office is on the first floor, top of the stairs, turn right and it's on the left, There were no other customers when I arrived at 1430 hrs and the officers (5 in all) were relaxed, friendly and helpful. If I had not lost my prepared 90 day report form, we would have been out in less than the 15 minutes it took to complete the process.

Nibor.

Can you do a google maps location or give us the longitude and latitude ? That would be a great help.

I have a friend who will be retiring there next year.

Thanks

...From Saraburi it's on the first Roundabout you meet...

Please check here on Google Maps if I put the marker for the Lopburi Immigration Office on the correct building:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&sou...fa4a9af0b9417b4

Thank you!

--

Maestro

Maestro.

Correct roundabout but location looks wrong, will go and take another look this afternoon, this time taking a compass and leaving the wife at home! Correction to my directions from the NW. it's the 2nd Roundabout after the Monkey Temple.

Nibor!

...From Saraburi it's on the first Roundabout you meet...

Please check here on Google Maps if I put the marker for the Lopburi Immigration Office on the correct building:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&sou...fa4a9af0b9417b4

Thank you!

--

Maestro

Maestro

I had another look and I'm fairly certain it's the buildings in the next segment down on the Google map, Ignore my reference to cardinal points and use route 1 from Saraburi as an axis. As you enter the round about it's at 10 O'clock, the Police station is clearly signed and visible from the road. There is an entrance and exit (close together) onto the roundabout, on the satellite picture there are two dark patches (water?) on either side of the buildings, which are not visible from the road. The Immigration Building is about 40-50mtrs to the right of the police station as you look at it and set back slightly, the ground around it has not yet been cemented over.

Before I am remonstrated, if I had been "tech savvy" enough to have included a map or placed a pointer over the buildings I would have.

Your welcome!

Nibor1945 and Maestro,

re the google map for the Lopburi Immigration office. Yes Nibor1945 is correct in his last post #8

Maestro, you actually marked the Amphur as the Immigration Office. It is is in the next segment down.

Interesting looking at the Lopburi town as shown how so much more the place has built up since the sattelite shots were taken....some years ago.

Nibor1945 I take it you live in Lopburi....I am in Singburi.

Happy New Year to you both.. only an hour left in 2009.

BAYBOY

Nibor1945 and Maestro,

re the google map for the Lopburi Immigration office. Yes Nibor1945 is correct in his last post #8

Maestro, you actually marked the Amphur as the Immigration Office. It is is in the next segment down.

Interesting looking at the Lopburi town as shown how so much more the place has built up since the sattelite shots were taken....some years ago.

Nibor1945 I take it you live in Lopburi....I am in Singburi.

Happy New Year to you both.. only an hour left in 2009.

BAYBOY

Thanks for confirmation of location and the New year wishes, We've just got back from "Baan Yai" after the annual gathering of the clan. May I wish "you and yours" a Happy and Prosperous New Year. I live just over the Lopburi border, in Saraburi Province about 20 kms from Lopburi City.

Nibor.

PS. I think I've been fobbed off with a pre-used year, I had exactly the same hangover as last year!!

Nibor and Bayboy, please have a look again and tell me if I've got the right building now:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&...fa4a9af0b9417b4

If it is again the wrong building you can give me the coordinates like this:

1. Right-click on the correct building. A pop-up menu opens.
  2. Click on “Center map here”
  3. At the top right of the screen, click on “Link”. A drop-down box opens.
  4. Copy the text under “Paste link in email or IM “
  5. Paste the text into your reply.

--

Maestro

Nibor and Bayboy, please have a look again and tell me if I've got the right building now:

--

Maestro

Sorry can't cut and paste, it makes my screen sticky.

The marker is now over the Police station, the immigration building is (as you look at the map) to the left and set back a little.

Perhaps BAYBOY is more adept at I.T. skills than I, and capable of moving the pointer?.

Maestro....Nibor.

I have not been to the Lopburi Immigration yet so don't know the exact building

However you have correctly marked the Lopburi police station and I am sure anyone going there will find the Immigration Office, as it is in the same compound.

Thanks for the map by the way.

BAYBOY

• 5 weeks later...

--

Maestro

Nibor1945

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=14.798743,10...003406&z=18

OK after trial and error I appear to have the arrow over the correct building.

Edited by Nibor1945