Thai Girlfriend 3rd Visit To Uk Visa Wanted !

pjbands

Hi, I am a new user to this site, if I have posted this in the wrong section, said something stupid, offended anyone, said the obvious or anything like this I do apologise, and would appreciate anyones advice.

Here is my question...

I have been seeing a Thai girl (not bar girl) for 2 years, I been visiting her around 6 times per year ( I am lucky and can get time off from my job)

She came over and stayed with me this year in August for 3 weeks, went home and then came back for the 2nd visit which lasted 2 months and has only recently gone home, Dec 2009.

At the moment she is in Thailand, so I phoned her and asked her to go to the English embassy in Bangkok to find out how easy it would be for her to get another holiday visa, to come back again to UK in late Feb 2010, I know through experience that getting the first UK visa was extremely difficult and told her to find out what the problems were going to be so we could be prepared. I really thought that as she had proven herself by coming to the UK twice and going home without any over stay, things were going to be alot easier. Her English is good but sometimes when it comes to the technicalities of visas she cannot explain very well, so can anyone please help with these questions ?

1) She was told by the Visa application dept in Bangkok "not an agency" that she cannot apply for another UK holiday visa until she has stayed in Thailand for 3 months.

2) She asked about the next stage of visa ( fiance / joint partner ) and was told it is much harder to get, lasts 6 months and would cost 35,000 baht, after the 6 months was up she could apply again for another 6 months and again it would cost another 35,000 baht. Now I my mind I cannot imagine yearly visas costing 70,000 baht per year !

3) I cannot see any advantage of this "fiance" visa over a holiday visa, is there any ?

Is any of this true ? or is someone in the Bangkok UK embassy looking for an early retirement due to a bulging bank balance !

Please can anyone help ? If I have to pay this ridiculous fee then so be it, but I dont want to be conned, Thanks for your time, paul

You can only get 6 month visa (Holiday) in any one year, also if you apply for a fiancé visa you have to get married in 6 months in the UK. then apply for a settlement visa. If you are intending to get married its probably better to do it in Thailand, then apply for a settlement visa in Thailand, The settlement visa only last for 27 months before she has to take a life in the UK test, for permanent leave to remain. It all depends on what you want to do, Marry in Thailand and apply for a settlement visa is the easy way and the cheaper.

My ex has been in the UK (with short quarterly trips back to Thailand) now, unmarried, for 15 months straight - with no hassles. I am not sure what visa. Her boyfriend will not get married, so it is definitely not a fiance visa - nor is it a holiday visa. It is something like a UK "Domestic Partner" law that she falls under.

First off count yourself lucky! When I was dating my wife they wouldn't give her a visa since she was a single female and claimed 99% of the time single females are not given vsas.

My wife visited America on a tourist/holiday and could stay up to 6 months. This was a much easier way than going the fiance visa route. hel_l even though everyone said she couldn't enter America on a Tourist visa and then change her status and get a green card, we did it.

Call your local government office (Sorry for my ignorace of how the UK is set up) and explain to them the problems and see if they can forward letters to Thailand. I did this and they helped my wife get here and change status despite in not being the proper route. I mean after all why did you pay all those taxes if they aren't going to work for you?

At the moment she is in Thailand, so I phoned her and asked her to go to the English embassy in Bangkok ………………………….

Does this mean that Scotland is now independent and the end of the UK ??

g

If this is true would they(English embassy) kindly remove the blue parts from the Union Jack