Usb Sticks And Windows 7

bunnaag

I have bought a compac laptop in Germany with Windows 7 already installed.In Thailand I want to use a USB STICK.I went to CAT to buy a USB STICK but the one on offer an OVATION MC 760 USB modem does not work with Windows 7.CAT operates in 51 provinces and also not in Bangkok.I live in the south.Does anyone use a stick with Windows 7?I am not very good with computer techniques.

Edited by bunnaag

I presume you mean one of the Aircard USB "Dongles"

Sorry i dont have any experience with those on Windows 7 - but if it works with Vista it *should* work with Windows 7

Your best bet is to take your laptop with you to the shop and ask them to demonstrate/set up for you :)

I presume you mean one of the Aircard USB "Dongles"

Sorry i dont have any experience with those on Windows 7 - but if it works with Vista it *should* work with Windows 7

Your best bet is to take your laptop with you to the shop and ask them to demonstrate/set up for you :)

It is a stick the company is NOVATEL WIRELESS.I took the laptop to the CAT but they could not get it working.

OVATION MC 760

You should be fine with the OVATION MC 760 modem, on W7 other posters in T.V. have said it works fine... but it could depend on location of course....

I have the MC 727, which does now work on W7 but has a few hiccups, still... That's Novatel's fault :) & not CATCDMA...

Depending on where you are in the "south" it should work, I took mine (727) to a rural part of Songkhla this summer, & it worked fine, as it does here on Samui. (on iMac & Laptop XP)

If the CATDMA guys are as helpful where you will be, as they are on Samui, they will come out & test it for you before you buy. If you are really in the "sticks" you may need an aerial... or by just having a extension cable clipped to the curtain... not a big deal!

Edited by samuijimmy

I have anew machine in W7 - none of my USB sticks or external HDD's are recognised by W7. My Vista Machine and XP machine all pick them up and work with them fine.

Some of the USB srives are unbranded, so can't find drivers for W7 for them and the HDDs were just converstaion boxes to convert SATA drives to external (they work internally!)

I haven't had time to dedicate to working it out yet, I just tend to send the files across to the XP box and use that for the USB drives. It is starting to become annoying though as I'm filling up my local prtition on the W7 box with backupos that should go to the external drive!

I did a google seach when I first noticed it - and there were lots of similar queries online - with few workable answers at the time (update your drivers being the main answer)