Buying A House / Building A House In Bkk

Hi all,

I hope you all have a nice xmas.

I live and work in Bangkok and I would like to build a house or purchase a new one here in BKK. However, I am unsure on how to do this? Can I do it for £25,000? I don't want a mansion, just a small house will do - not bothered about swimming pools etc, just a nice comfortable house where the wife and I can live.

Could anyone give me any advice or point me in the right direction for further research? I am aware of the potential scams etc that can happen so would appreciate some advice.

Cheers all,

Jeanclaude.

I doubt it , £25k equates to about 1.3 million baht, you will struggle to find townhouses for that price.

Maybe on the outskirts of Bangkok say Rangsit way its possible.

1.3 million would build you a house of about 100 sqm then you have to purchase land as well.

Even condos could be beyond your means, depending on where you want to live.

Go to your nearest 7-11 and purchase a magazine called talat baan, costs about 40 baht, its all in Thai, but it will give you an idea of house prices.

I live near Klong3 Rangsit. Passon selling town house for 1.3 mb not too bad. You can also get a loan from bank to increase your buying power

Thanks for your replies. I have a bit more than £25K but don't want to spend loads on a house in Thailand as I move around quite a bit. My mate recently bought a house in the North and paid about £20K, thats why I asked. Is the north cheaper. I am still a young lad so don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, if you know what I mean.

If I was to get a loan to buy a bigger house, I'd prefer it to come from the UK but this may be difficult when working overseas?

have a great one chaps.

Jeanclaude

Depends on what you are looking for... I freind of my wife's is in the process of buying a two story two bedroom townhouse in Bang Yai for 1 mil thb.

If your not familiar with the area it is across the river on the western outskirts of the city (Bang Bua Thong area) on the outer ring road.

It is a new housing project, we were just over there last weekend and it looks like there are still about 20-30 units that have been completed, but no one is living in them.

I would guess they are all still for sale at about the same price.