Thai Girls Re-locating

drum

im out doing the festive shopping round the malls and noticed a few thai girls with there partners ,and i could not help notice how fed up and miserable these girls looked,is it due to the cold weather, or missing there family and home country, or do they think this is not the land of milk and honey they where promised,

Thai girls?

Surely they are women. Do you refer to British women of a similar age as "girls"?

I suggest you grow up.

To be honest it's common place in the local dialect where I come from to refer to women up to the age of about 40 (even by other women) as girls. There's no condescension or patronization inferred.

I suggest you earn some manners. Or learn the facts. Preferably both. Though I very much doubt it. :)

Thai girls?

Surely they are women. Do you refer to British women of a similar age as "girls"?

I suggest you grow up.

To be honest it's common place in the local dialect where I come from to refer to women up to the age of about 40 (even by other women) as girls. There's no condescension or patronization inferred.

I suggest you earn some manners. Or learn the facts. Preferably both. Though I very much doubt it. :)

So, people in the rest of the English-speaking world should be cognisant of the peculiarities of "your local dialect"? And if we do not do so, we are lacking manners?

You live in a very small world of your own making. Try to grow up.

Thai girls?

I suggest you grow up.

A few days ago when I asked my 94 year old American mother what her plans were for the day, she said she was going to go out to play bridge with the "girls". Thanks to your helpful suggestion, the next time she gives me an answer like that I will tell her to grow up as her "girlfriends" are all in their eighties. :)

Getting back to the topic, most girls that I have observed in the festive "shop till you drop mode" seem happy regardless of where they are located.

:D

In my personal experience I've met 5 Thai women who married farang men and went outside of Thailand to live with their husband in his "home" country.

Out of those 5 I've heard of 2 that adapted, and 3 who just couldn't adapt. One in the U.S. and 2 in the U.K. who couldn't adapt and eventually went back to Thailand....one with her husband who left the U.K. to be with his wife in Thailand and stayed there.

I know of one Thai woman who lives happily in the U.S. with her husabnd, and one who is married to a U.S. military man here in Greece. They both seem happy and have adjusted to their new home.

So I think it depends on the person and what she expects. Perhaps some of the failures are due to unreasonable expectations...when they find out Farangland isn't the paradise they expected.

:)

If the OP is in England i am sure it was the majority loooking glum...unless you earn 50k or more per year not alot to smile about is there?

The other debate that has started about Thai girls or woman... is interesting..its seem to be common to refer to Thai females and Western females as girls..

My Thai wife has a bunch of friends all over 30 and recently at my sports club a 68 year old Thai man asked me where are the girls?

My mom is 65 and when she goes out for dinner with her old work friends she says "i'm going out for dinner with the colourcare(company) girls" and they are all similar age as my mom...

The poster who thinks referring to woman as girls as childish is quite peculiar thinking in my opinion.

Personal attacks and misogynist posts have been deleted.  Please keep this civil with each and leave the broad-brushed criticisms of either Thai or western women out of it.

You got me with misogynist... had to google it

–noun

hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

For those like me who only know and use single and double syllable words.. :)

Thai girls?

I suggest you grow up.

i am grown up,most Thai people say GIRLS in fact ive never heard a Thai say women or woman,

:D

In my personal experience I've met 5 Thai women who married farang men and went outside of Thailand to live with their husband in his "home" country.

Out of those 5 I've heard of 2 that adapted, and 3 who just couldn't adapt. One in the U.S. and 2 in the U.K. who couldn't adapt and eventually went back to Thailand....one with her husband who left the U.K. to be with his wife in Thailand and stayed there.

I know of one Thai woman who lives happily in the U.S. with her husabnd, and one who is married to a U.S. military man here in Greece. They both seem happy and have adjusted to their new home.

So I think it depends on the person and what she expects. Perhaps some of the failures are due to unreasonable expectations...when they find out Farangland isn't the paradise they expected.

:)

My Thai GF has spent a few years living in Australia & often questions my motive for living in Thailand. She often tells other thais that Australia is much nicer than Thailand in every aspect, except cost.

One of her favourite lines about Thailand verses Australia is, "In Thailand the people will hurt and kill you, in Australia the land itself will kill yoü". Having travelled right around Australia, her reference is in relation to 'remote travelling' within Australia & quite funny when you think about it.

I know about 7 or 8 other thai people in Australia, all of which have set up their lives and businesses there and have no intent to return to Thailand, except holidays.

I guess it would greatly depend on where you were taking a 'thai' person to that would determine whether or not they can adapt. Also it helps greatly if there are other thais in the area they live, as they can get together and chow down occassionally.

As suggested, the degree to which people can happily adjust to their new circumstances, would be influenced by the individual ... their attitude education, prior life experience, etc etc. I would imagine it would also be influenced to some extent by the nature of the country they had moved to. Just like farang moving to Thailand.

Most of the Thai women I have come across in Australia seem pretty well-settled ... I wonder whether the warm climate, similar time zone, plenty of other Asian people around, availability of at least some of the same foods, etc, all have a bearing on this.

Oh and of course the fact that Australian guys make such great company :)

Thai ladies/girls/women like to send/spend their money in Thailand - see Hengs post......... :D

They would not therefore 'enjoy' seeing it being spent anywhere else..... :)

They will be ok in Australia - most Aussies are tight as a ducks too!!!!..... :D

Thai girls?

I suggest you grow up.

"Thai women"?

Surely they are "ladies". Or have you never learned the old British army Terminology Protocol:

"Officers and their ladies, Sergeants and their wives, Soldiers and their women"?

I suggest you learn some decorum.

Alternatively you may conclude that I am just an opinionated old prat who presumes to dictate to others their proper use of language based upon his own perception of what is politically correct.

Thai girls?

I suggest you grow up.

"Thai women"?

Surely they are "ladies". Or have you never learned the old British army Terminology Protocol:

"Officers and their ladies, Sergeants and their wives, Soldiers and their women"?

I suggest you learn some decorum.

Alternatively you may conclude that I am just an opinionated old prat who presumes to dictate to others their proper use of language based upon his own perception of what is politically correct.

Errrr. So I should have used either "ladies", or "wives"?

You are defending the use of the perjorative "girls", remember? Where does the use of the word "girls" fit into your lesson on decorum?

A sad, opinionated old prat. Your description, not mine. Happy Christmas.