Time Capsule

DegenFarang

I bought a 1 Terabyte Time Capsule in Europe earlier this year - I toted around the box for awhile but needed to free up some space so I disposed of everything except the Time Capsule itself and (I think) the cables that come with it.

How can I get this thing to work? The two functions I want most are a wireless backup of everything on my iMac, PowerBook and iPhone and to use it as a wireless internet hub in my home for the above devices.

Can I just plug the internet into it and it will automatically start working as a wireless hub? Or is there some software you need to install?

Thanks for any advice - also would be interested to hear others' feedback on the quality of this gadget or any cool uses you have found for it.

Time capsule

1 plug it in to power supply

2 conect to it via wifi on your Mac

3 connect it to your router

4 THAT IS IT

You can get all info from apple website

Ya but if I went to Apple's website I never would have gotten you to make your first post after more than two years!

Problem is I do not have a router - I have just a modem and one single ethernet cable coming from it. I can either plug that into my iMac or I can plug it into the Time Capsule - I cannot do both, and my modem does not have WiFi. So can I just plug that cable directly into the Time Capsule and it would automatically begin working as a Wireless Hub, or is there some configuration I must do while connected to it from my iMac?

Cool I plugged it in and connected to it via my iMac that was connected to the internet already. Then once I had went through the setup and created passwords, telling it that I wanted to use it as my wireless hub (there were other options I did not understand) I unplugged my internet from the iMac and put it into the Time Capsule. Automatically I was able to connect to it via WiFi from my iMac, iPhone and MacBook - the connection is very fast, very pleased so far.

Though how does this automatic backup work and how can I examine what files are located on the Time Capsule? I don't see it listed as any kind of external hard drive or anything like that...