Check In Times St Suvarnabhumi For International Flights

Zodiac

This week, starting 28 December, I am seeing someone off at Suvarnabhumi on an international EVA flight BKK to London. In the past checking in 2 hours beforehand has been ok and does anyone know what with the problems in Detroit now causing delays if the 2 hours before the flight time is ok for non USA flights?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Zodiac

:D

Check in times:

2 hours check in is probably enough...although I once was on a 00:35 flight. I arrived at the airport at 21:00, and went to check in. There was very long line at the check in counter, and at 23:00 I was stll waiting to check in. Spent just over two hours waiting in line before I could check in. It all depends on the number of passengers and how busy the check in counters are. Fortunately that flight was about half an hour late departing, so I jst managed to make it to the departure lounge in time. The flight was already boarding when I got to the departure lounge that time.

As for extra delays due to the Detroit incident...it's too early to say. It does appear that the Nigerian guy who tried to set himself on fire, was a student in the U.K. at one point,according to some news stories. It's still to early to say about any extra security searches, but just to be safe I'd give it an extra half hour anyhow...better to be safe than sorry.

:)

Not sure about the detroit issues, but I always check in about 30-40 minutes before the flight (earliest I will go is one hour).

I also managed 25 minutes before once, but had to load the suitcase in via the "oversized" as it was too late to put it on the conveyor.. :)

(And yes, BKK>LHR)

don't take any chances; 2.5 - 3.0 prior to departure should be appropriate.

things can always occur while enroute to the airport such as traffic accidents, police road-blocks,

road demos etc, and also the Detroit incident. The Japan times reported today on their online

news that Narita has INCREASED their security for outbound passengers.

Isn't it sad that due to an airport in a Third World country not being able to succeed in its security that all of the world is made to pay? A sniffer at the origination airport would easily have found the mix sewn into his clothing. Why is it not a UN priority to push such enforcement of the aviation world's members? Understandably, the UN cannot enforce and punish a nation for not complying with common-sense practice but it should be able to "encourage" nations in the international community to do so.

On another note, why just a single attacker? I have my doubts of his being an agent of Al Queda sent out to do this alone.

don't take any chances; 2.5 - 3.0 prior to departure should be appropriate.

things can always occur while enroute to the airport such as traffic accidents, police road-blocks,

road demos etc, and also the Detroit incident. The Japan times reported today on their online

news that Narita has INCREASED their security for outbound passengers.

BBC news on Sunday said that the increased security measures at the moment only applied to transatlantic flights.

I am flying out tomorrow night for Australia.

Has anyone been to the airport since the USA incident? Has there been more security added here in Bangkok?

Usually, i get to the airport two hours before my flight, i just want to know if there is added delay because of this

Cheers

Isn't it sad that due to an airport in a Third World country not being able to succeed in its security that all of the world is made to pay? A sniffer at the origination airport would easily have found the mix sewn into his clothing. Why is it not a UN priority to push such enforcement of the aviation world's members? Understandably, the UN cannot enforce and punish a nation for not complying with common-sense practice but it should be able to "encourage" nations in the international community to do so.

On another note, why just a single attacker? I have my doubts of his being an agent of Al Queda sent out to do this alone.

It's a sad truth but no airport in the world can screen everyone for 100%. I wouldn't use the world Third World either since most of the flights that have issues usually originate either from the US or Europe.

So did this Nigerian guy go in-transit through Schipol then? If so you would think that the European airports would have learned by now. The Lockerbie bombers went in-transit from another pathetic security country through Frankfurt I recall.

I would not blame the Yanks if they now insisted on using there own military at any airport for any planes on their US-bound leg. We Europeans clearly cannot be trusted it seems!

I would not blame the Yanks if they now insisted on using there own military at any airport for any planes on their US-bound leg. We Europeans clearly cannot be trusted it seems!

The FBI was warned about this guy and he still got a visa. Who is to blame ??

Edited by dutch54

• 2 weeks later...