Where To Spend New Year's Eve In Gay Chiang Mai?

Jpnl

Each to their own, but why the need to spend New Year just with gay people? You can go and see a 'powerboys show', but I would think even that gets a bit boring on the 365th day....doesn't it?

Head on down to Thapae Gate, the Thai's know how to celebrate New Year and everyone seems to have a good time regardless of their sexual preference.

To be honest, last year was so much fun I don't think anyone even noticed or was in the slightest bit interested in who was gay or straight.....and nor should they be, everyone should just have a good time.

Happy New Year :)

If you're on your own, consider that probably many of the hosts (or hostesses for that matter) stuck working at the establishments would be delighted to get away and act as a tour guide for the Countdown (and be compensated for the time, of course)-- which really is best enjoyed outside in a larger group in CM in my own opinion as the other posters have said. Just make sure the proprietor (can we say mamasan here?) explains to your guide that until well after midnight, at least, you're looking for the sort of good time that can be mentioned on this board.

Edited by dvdcm

Adam's Apple Club (Viangbua Road www.adamsappleclub.com) has a big Gay party for the New Year Countdown, as does Soho Bar (on Huay Kaew Rd near Kad Suan Kaew www.sohochiangmai.com).

With all the crazy drunken people on the streets I'd avoid places like Thapae and the Night Bazzar at New Year. Best to stay local and enjoy with friends rather than risk travelling too far.