Lanna Puppet Show

Nienke

I received an email today from a lovely lady about the Lanna-Puppet show and thought to share it on the CM forum.

A beautiful little theater with seating for just 10 people has been opened by a young couple, Jo and Na.

The theater is located next to the Brasserie restaurant on the Charoenrat Road.

They have won an international award for their mastery in the Prague World Puppet competition and are invited to join The Children's Day in Turkey in April 2010. The young couple brought honor to Thailand's creative culture but within Thailand, they are not supported.

The charge for the puppet show is only 150 Baht per person. With this donation, you are helping this art to continue and are giving them a change to go to Turkey.

IMHO, such a lovely and typical cultural event should definitely be supported. :)

For booking performance contact K. Subtawee Sooksub Email : subtawees (at) yahoo.com

http://www.lanna-puppet-art.blogspot.com/ (in Thai)

They sometimes perform on the Sunday Walking Street and often go to Cultural Exhibitions and as mentioned Prague.

A visiting friend of mine got to know them quite well. For visitors they really do provide a snapshot of Lanna culture in their performance.

Well worth supporting.

I think the challenge for them is to reach out or combine with other arts to enhance the effect.

In essence they are short performances and in todays age of short attention spans people need something to latch them in, so to speak.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Nienke,

Ohh ... thanks for that post, and the link !

They had to be the same wondrous puppeteers we saw at Khun Suntaree's restaurant (Huan Suntaree, the new location, north of the Superhighway) one magic evening about two years ago.

Very special !

best, ~o:37;

• 1 year later...