Cheeseburgers & Chips In Mukdahan

Tagaa

I was just at KCI Burgers yesterday and it was very good. The prices were more than fair, the bacon cheese burger was very good, the french fries average, but the onion rings were great and the only ones I’ve seen in Thailand. Issangeorge

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barry, I know what you mean. I wish Spago in Ubon would open a place here.

It's hard enough for Na to get good help in Muk. Plus try & find someone that would care as much about her customers as she does, IF she were gone & opening another restaurant, may be to much to expect.

I was recently at Na's restaurant and she gave me a sample of some mashed potato's that she made from scratch. No box stuff. They were just as good if not better then what I had in the states. I always liked mine with a few lumps of potato in them and they were there. Na said she is thinking about adding them to her menu. If you ask, she will include them in place of fries. I can't say if they will cost more then the fries but even if it does it will be worth it. So I can highly recommend asking for the mashed potato's. You will not be disappointed.

Yeah、 is very friendly and does whatever she can to serve her customer. There is a shop right around the corner where I get my hair cut.super convienent, because if there's a body in the chair, you can go back to Na's, have a beer and wait a bit. EASY.

Yeah、 is very friendly and does whatever she can to serve her customer. There is a shop right around the corner where I get my hair cut.super convienent, because if there's a body in the chair, you can go back to Na's, have a beer and wait a bit. EASY.

That must be the cut throat razor then!

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like KC's is a great place and I should stop by...

Now it would look like an act of betrayal if they saw me munching a burger next door!!

Mai Pen Rai...cheeseburger here I come :D

Hi "livingthedream"

We saw you next door awhile back...50+, your own bottle of wine...and you & the tilak the only customers there. You really should put on your shades :) and come away from the dark side & into the light. Na's waiting for you with open arms & a big smile.

Edited by Tagaa

• 2 weeks later...

Na has new, all English speaking staff now. A few weeks ago Penapa came back to the shop. She is VERY sweet & nice to be around. Yesterday, a friend of Penapa's, Gay, came to work as well. Both Penapa & Gay speak good English and both are very easy on the eye's, which doesn't hurt.

In the photos below, it's Penapa on the left, Na in the center & Gay on the right.

post-46376-1272343086_thumb.jpg

post-46376-1272343116_thumb.jpg

Na has new, all English speaking staff now. A few weeks ago Penapa came back to the shop. She is VERY sweet & nice to be around. Yesterday, a friend of Penapa's, Gay, came to work as well. Both Penapa & Gay speak good English and both are very easy on the eye's, which doesn't hurt.

In the photos below, it's Penapa on the left, Na in the center & Gay on the right.

Isn't it amazing that everytime this thread disappears to page 2, it magically reappears. :D

Sure you don't have a financial interest in this place and are using TV for free advertising? :)

No financial interest at all, Bob. She's just a very nice lady, a good friend and I'm a regular customer.

I pay my bin each time I depart just like every body else. She wanted to give me a discount when she first opened, but I declined.

If you know of a restaurant in your town or Mukdahan where ALL the employees speak English, I'd like to know about it.

I suppose if the Mods had a problem with the thread, they would have acted on it by now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Usually when I go to KCI, I eat Thai food (pat kat pow gai kai dow is my favorite) because I can cook farang food at home. But the last time I was there I had the big sirloin with onion rings. I was quite pleasantly surprised as the steaks are bigger & more tender now for some reason. I asked her about this & she wouldn't say, but I think she now has an in with the supplier. The last one I had (sirloin) was great, about 7/8 of an inch thick & cooked to a perfect medium rare as ordered.

Her supplier now delivers to her shop. I saw the guy deliver the steaks just yesterday afternoon. I walked back to the kitchen & she was un-wraping nice sirloins & T-bones. Very nice.

We were talking the other day & it seems her one year anniversary will be the fist week of August. Congratulations on your first birthday...soon to come....maybe there'll be a party?

I was back there again last month and tried her Rib-eye and very tasty,the burgers are still good but now the steak's my favorite,even better than next door.

Cold beer and good food,when I'm in Mukdahan I pop-in every day and having 2 comely wench's serving is a plus point.

Cheers

Na has added Mashed Potato's to the menu and they are delicious. Also the steaks are thicker. She also added free WiFi so you can surf the web and enjoy a cold one while sitting outside or inside. It just keeps getting better.

Na has added Mashed Potato's to the menu and they are delicious. Also the steaks are thicker. She also added free WiFi so you can surf the web and enjoy a cold one while sitting outside or inside. It just keeps getting better.

Agreed, I may be going back in Nov and that will be my first place to visit,next time I'll try the mash!

I suppose if the Mods had a problem with the thread, they would have acted on it by now.

We think it's a great service to the Isaan members of ThaiVisa when other members can recommend good places to eat, stay, whatever. We just draw the line at business owners themselves who may jump in and try to do free advertising. The only way this forum stays alive is by the funding of its paying sponsors.

Meanwhile, kudos to any establishment whose satisfied customers are the best advertisement one could wish for.

Sincerely,

Toptuan

For the moderating team

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! for a wonderful month in Mukdahan. KCI have the best falangfood in Mukdahan.

I have been going there everyday to eat and drink and i have been great!

The biggest problem before when i be in Mukdahan has been to find good falang food, that is no longer a problem.

Great place to find other falang to have a chat with. And the staff have been great everyday.

I rely hope that KCI will stay and that falangs that lives in mukdahan will find this place.

THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Daniel

• 5 months later...

I spoke with Na this morning & she says she has sold the restaurant. It is closed & all her fixtures have been removed. It appears that somebody wanted the location for another business & made her an offer she could not refuse.

She wants to thank all of her customers for coming. She says she loves all her customers very much & loved serving & talking with all of you.

She is undecided on exactly what she will do in the future. For now, she is going to take a break & see where her future leads her. She may open a new place, but only time will tell.

I posted this as she can not remember her password, but I think she will be on here soon to say a few words on her own.

• 9 months later...

I spoke with Na this morning & she says she has sold the restaurant. It is closed & all her fixtures have been removed. It appears that somebody wanted the location for another business & made her an offer she could not refuse.

She wants to thank all of her customers for coming. She says she loves all her customers very much & loved serving & talking with all of you.

She is undecided on exactly what she will do in the future. For now, she is going to take a break & see where her future leads her. She may open a new place, but only time will tell.

I posted this as she can not remember her password, but I think she will be on here soon to say a few words on her own.

Bummer. I was in Mukdahan a month ago, specifically to look up this restaurant. I hadn't read the last posts of this thread (stupid me). Went about to try and find any other Farang type establishments, with no success. Even the Tuk Tuk drivers in front of the big hotels could not offer any advice. Ended up at a Thai style restaurant along the river and had some fantastic "crispy" (deep fried) duck.

Are there any Farang establishments in the city anymore?

Why not go and see Don? Best western food by a huge margin and the nicest setting in town.

a4__mail-1.jpg

Thanks Memock, Although it's not on our Menu you can have whatever type of Burger you want here, Fillet steak, Chicken, Pork, Duck or John Dory Fish, All served with Steak House Chips. For your interest as i here you are in Oz, we were recently presented by the Governor of Mukdahan, The 2011 Best Restaurant Award and the place gets busyer every month. But still 99% Thai customers. As people have difficulty finding us i suggest the check our site, Mukdahan Manor.

Hi Don,

Congratulations on your recent award, well deserved in my opinion. As long as business is doing well amongst the local Thais I wouldn't worry too much if no other foreigners found you at all!

I am currently in the land of the long white sheep and I am yet to find some lamb chops that tasted as good as the ones at your place last time I visited!