Concrete Sealer

wildoates

I used Shell flintkote colourflex available at homeworks / Homepro/and most DIY places the cheapest place was Kanyong

This is not the cheapest product on the shelves 900 baht, there is a cheaper product 199 baht, BUT you get what you pay for.

This is also ideal for painting the sandwash around pools

Most sales people have never used any product that is sold in the store they work in, so cannot provide you with the end user

information.

The link to the product is below

http://www.shell.com/home/content/id-en/sh...tkote_0508.html

There is another popular and versatile product used here in Australia, which is called Bondcrete. Can't recall having seen it in Thailand, but as more and more aussie products are turning up there everyday then it's worth keeping an eye out for it.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

There are several brands available from HomePro outlets. All can do the job - just ask the sales assistant for advice.

Do you mean those guys that chase you down to sell you whatever gets them the most commission, nevermind what you want or need?

It is better to know what you need before you go in and get what you want no matter what they say.

I've had a different experience in the older Home Pro in Chiang Mai. On a couple of occasions I was advised to buy a cheaper item. The odd one or two will give the 'deer in the headlights' look (usually a doris), but in general I find em pretty switched on and useful.

• 4 weeks later...

Berger make a concrete/roof/masonry acrylic paint called Synotex. The sort of stuff they use to paint tennis courts, available in lots of colours (inc grey) very hard wearing and waterproof. Just painted the concrete area out the back of my place. 1 us gallon can easily covers 30 sq m. Cost 500bht a can got it from my local hardware shop (Homepro...didn't have a clue what we were talking about)

some staff are quite knowledgeable, it depends who you get

some staff are brand employees (employed by a company which product is sold at the store), so wont know everything apart from their own and perhaps their competitors product

Just curious if you were speaking Thai to the staff that "Had no clue"? Or some form of English or another language?

Oh yes very much so it was 100% Thai and not from me either, to be fair to them just as we were walking out one of the staff did try her hardest but we ended up with a brochure for two pack industrial steam pipe paint in 25L drums. Would have done the job I guess but not really what I was after. The hardware store knew instantly what we were looking for.