Tiger Crystal Beer

JoePai

Yup. My master taster advised me that I shouldn't waste my time even trying it.

I was staying in the Vista on Soi 4 the other day and they had San Miguel Pale Pilsen in the fridge and I thought it was great; never tried it before. Can't stand the regular San Mig or their Lite sh!te. Luckily I found the Family Mart across the road on Second Road had it in the fridge so managed to replenish the minibar (and take some home).

Saw them pouring it in the gutter on Soi 8, that should be and indicator of its taste. :)

Lol, it truly does taste like sh_it...

All the big supermarkets have it.

Tom.

Can't agree, tastes good to me. Tried finding it in Tesco's and they don't stock it :D Anyone seen it anywhere ?

Saw them pouring it in the gutter on Soi 8, that should be and indicator of its taste. :)

Lol, it truly does taste like sh_it...

All the big supermarkets have it.

Tom.

Can't agree, tastes good to me. Tried finding it in Tesco's and they don't stock it :D Anyone seen it anywhere ?

got it in Carrefor,and i quite like it too,but my taste for beers in Thailand arent that good.I like Leo and even singha lite so i rest my case.Up to the individuals taste,as i love sangsom/soda/coke

Yup. My master taster advised me that I shouldn't waste my time even trying it.

I was staying in the Vista on Soi 4 the other day and they had San Miguel Pale Pilsen in the fridge and I thought it was great; never tried it before. Can't stand the regular San Mig or their Lite sh!te. Luckily I found the Family Mart across the road on Second Road had it in the fridge so managed to replenish the minibar (and take some home).

Pale Pilsen is the "regular" San Mig (or at least it's the one that accounts for 90% of San Miguel's sales volume in the Phillipines).

Tiger's all I drink when in LOS but never tried the crystal version, is it a light beer?

Yes, it's a light beer in a clear bottle, apparently intended to compete against Sam Miguel Light and Corona. IMO its no better and no worse than those two. Basically it's an inoffensive beer that errs on the side of not having any flavour rather than on the side of being bad tasting. The main problem with it if you order it in a bar is that unless you specify otherwise the barkeeper is likely to stuff a lemon or a lime in it.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Natch is 100 baht a 500 ml can... does taste a little watery than i expected from cider and i would prefer Magners but is about twice the price i think...so it's Natch for me !!! they enforce that retarded 2-5pm no alcohol rule so make sure you go outside these times..

Edited by William Osborne

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a place with the Beer Lao name over the door on a corner on Second Road beside one of the ladyboy cabaret places. I went past around 7pm last night but it looks deserted and in total darkness. Where's the place to buy Beer Lao in Pattaya? There was a thread here a short while back regards a delivery service but they never answered the email I sent.