Claiming For My Wife On Uk Pension

thaimate

My pension starts soon and i was just filling in the forms to claim for my wife as a dependant ,however she doesnt have a birth certificate (and cant get one) has anybody come across this before and did the uk govt accept say an identity card ,she does have a nat insurance no and our marriage certificate as we were married in the U.K and lived there many years.

any help appreciated.

My wife had the same problem so we went to the Local Amphur where her birth was registered and they gave her a letter confirming all the details of her birth and confirmation, i sent this to International pensions and they accepted it ok

My wife had the same problem so we went to the Local Amphur where her birth was registered and they gave her a letter confirming all the details of her birth and confirmation, i sent this to International pensions and they accepted it ok

thanks

If anyone is interested,yesterday i spoke to the pension service in the UK and thet will accept a Thai identity card instead of a birth certificate ,however he did ask if my wife had a nat ins no (she has) and he said this would be a great help.

i perhaps shouldnt have posted this in general but in another section so if it can be of help to anyone perhaps the mods will move it.

As I have posted elsewhere, I had a similar problem. Pattaya City Hall couldn't help and neither could Banglamung Amphur. We had to troll up to Prakhon Chai and found there that no record of her birth existed. So how come she had a ID card?

We were told that if she could muster two close relatives and the village headman to verify her existence they would issue one. The relatives were no problem (I gave both a days pay to compensate them for taking a day off,) but the village headman was away in BKK so we got hold of his deputy who asked for 5K baht. I advised him to go forth and multiply. We returned to Pattaya sans birth certificate.

I related this to DHSS, or whatever they call themselves these days, pointing out that I was not going to breach Thai law by offering a bribe. I added that if I had done so all details relating to my wife would be extracted from her ID card - of which they had a copy. I added that unless they got their act together I would make a formal complaint to the Pension Ombudsman. Three weeks later I received a cheque for 5860 GBP in back payments and was assured that a Social Security card would be issued withing a month. I shall shortly be lighting another fire under them since I am still waiting.

BTW you are probably disenfranchised so don't bother enlisting the support of your MP. You haven't got one - and if you did, he/she would be too busy fiddling their expense claims to get involved in a miscarriage of justice.

• 4 weeks later...
IF its of any help to anyone yesterday we recieved the marriage cert and identity card back with a note saying the claim was being processed,heres hopeing

Two quick questions about this. 1) How long did it take to get the documents returned? 2) I forgot to ask them if the amount of wife's allowance is proportionate according to my national insurance contributions - I.E: My basic pension is slightly less than the maximum due to shortfall of some contributions, so I assume the wife allowance will reflect this?

IF its of any help to anyone yesterday we recieved the marriage cert and identity card back with a note saying the claim was being processed,heres hopeing

Two quick questions about this. 1) How long did it take to get the documents returned? 2) I forgot to ask them if the amount of wife's allowance is proportionate according to my national insurance contributions - I.E: My basic pension is slightly less than the maximum due to shortfall of some contributions, so I assume the wife allowance will reflect this?

It took about 3 weeks to get the documents returned,not sure about the wifes allowance as i have full contributions ,still heard nothing more about the claim ,but then as my pension doesnt start for about 6/7 weeks didnt expect to .

It took about 3 weeks to get the documents returned,not sure about the wifes allowance as i have full contributions ,still heard nothing more about the claim ,but then as my pension doesnt start for about 6/7 weeks didnt expect to .

its 57 05 pounds a week, for married mans wifes allowance on his oap.