Mukdahan

tatom

Yes there are car parks on the entrance to the bridge but there are no boats up or down the river only long tail fishing boats that may take you for a sight seeing trip, i'm not sure. The river is low now so it probably is not so dangerous, never do this when the river is high as the river is very turbulent here and many just dissappear. Good luck.

There is a carpark at the entrance to the bridge, but I have never seen any thing that resembles security. The lot is very small & every time I have tried to park there, the lot is double & triple parked, so during the day at least, it would be almost impossible to steal a car. However, this probably makes it easier to break into.

There is a carpark at the entrance to the bridge, but I have never seen any thing that resembles security. The lot is very small & every time I have tried to park there, the lot is double & triple parked, so during the day at least, it would be almost impossible to steal a car. However, this probably makes it easier to break into.

I left my car at the hotel in Mukdahan and traveled by bus to Savannakhet.

If you are going for visa run, you have to take the Friendship bridge

and not the boat ( it is for migrant Thai or lao workers).

At the Border in Laos, you can hire a taxi ( van type) for sightseeing .

I spent one day and a night with my Thai wife . The van driver , very friendly guy ,took us

to all important places . Very much enjoyed the stay. Do not forget to eat at the Suuki-yaki -

road side eatery on the bank of Mekong.