Thai word(s) for orgasm

stumonster

Here's a couple more:

ขึ้นสวรรค์ - literally 'ascend to heaven'

จุดสุดยอด - interesting example from Lexitron: เพศหญิงจะถึงจุดสุดยอดได้นานกว่าเพศชาย 4-5 วินาที

This may sound like total rubbish but I assure you it's 100% true. Many many many many many moons ago when I first came to the LOS for a holiday I met in a bar in Cowboy a girl whose name I no longer care to remember. I spent about a month with her, gave her 14,000 baht, told her I loved her at the airport and almost started crying when it was time to go. It bothers me not to admit this, because I'm sure most of you at one time or another have probably done the same.

Anyway, my story. At a fine hotel in Hua Hin she performed on me an action which is known locally as "flying the kite" and out of the blue had an amazingly intense orgasm. I remember trying to rationalise this the following day and eventually concluded that it stemmed from "the enormous physical attraction she felt for me". Pitiful, I now know, but I bet I'm not alone.

Incidentally, all my other stupid postings (Python, Comrade, Professor, Baron etc) are most definitely NOT intended to be taken seriously. I do it because I'm bored and to try to spice things up a little. In particular, the replies from Dr Pat Pong show wit, style and charm. They are a pleasure to read.

:) OK, I give: could you be a bit more descriptive regarding "flying the kite"", please? Inquiring minds want to know...

It's simply slang for male masturbation, a hand job - there is no special technique involved, either Python was just trolling or he confused the technique used by his 'friend' with the common slang term for a hand job.

The origin is simple to understand: You pull the penis similarly to how you would pull on the string of a kite.

It's written ชักว่าว in Thai.

:) OK, I give: could you be a bit more descriptive regarding "flying the kite"", please? Inquiring minds want to know...

Masturbation of the male member, by self or otherwise.

See also:

'Shaking hands with the vicar'

'Roughing up the suspect'

Rikker:

In official term, สำเร็จความใคร่ is not only masterbation and have very close formal mening to sex orgasm in sex. Samples are in official report of the rape case. This one is the court opinion on the rape case: "...although the attacker had not สำเร็จความใคร่ it constitutes rape in the situation"

http://www.ago.go.th/answer/answer_att3/Pa...0/0062_2540.txt

If the link does not work you can google สำเร็จความใคร่ and ฎีกา.

<font color='#000000'>I asked my missus but she didn't even understand the concept let alone how to say it in Thai. :laugh:

Scouse.</font>

I had one once say that she didn't know what it was (orgasim). I suspect that she is not alone, from the lack of responsiveness evident with many. The whole "information stream" about sex seems to be taboo here.

Rikker:

In official term, สำเร็จความใคร่ is not only masterbation and have very close formal mening to sex orgasm in sex. Samples are in official report of the rape case. This one is the court opinion on the rape case: "...although the attacker had not สำเร็จความใคร่ it constitutes rape in the situation"

http://www.ago.go.th/answer/answer_att3/Pa...0/0062_2540.txt

If the link does not work you can google สำเร็จความใคร่ and ฎีกา.

I agree with oldparrow here. การสำเร็จความใคร่ means reaching orgasm by any mean.

The article on the Thai Wikipedia started as "การสำเร็จความใคร่ด้วยตนเอง คือ การกระตุ้นอวัยวะเพศด้วยตนเองจนถึงจุดสุดยอด" on 15 Oct 2007, and remained like that for almost two years until the 19 Jan 2009. The reason for the change was to make it consistent with the title "ตามชื่อบทความครับ".

Sorry,I'm just fooling around with the Dictionary I just installed. Maybe there is a way to say - that was orgasmic.

orgasm

[N] จุดสุดยอดของความรู้สึกทางเพศ

(NECTEC Lexitron 2 EN-TH)

(ออร์'แกซซึม) n. จุดสุดยอดของความรู้สึกทางเพศ ###SW

. orgasmic,orgastic adj.

(Hope Studio)

How about this : :)

เสร็จแล้ว...ไปกินข้าว

I am sorry to see you have so little experience. The phrase most often heard, or action taken, after เสร็จแล้ว is not kin khao (eat) rather pai aap naam (shower).

Here's a couple more:

ขึ้นสวรรค์ - literally 'ascend to heaven'

จุดสุดยอด - interesting example from Lexitron: เพศหญิงจะถึงจุดสุดยอดได้นานกว่าเพศชาย 4-5 วินาที

Interesting in that ขึ้นสวรรค์ is also a euphemism for "to die" and that certain poets of English from a bygone age such as John Donne (I hated having to study him in High School) also used the euphemism of death for an orgasm.

Obviously this topic invites all the jokers out of the woodwork, but it's a fair question. To summarize, with idiomatic English equivalents:

เสร็จ - "to finish"

ถึง - "to come"

ถึงจุดสุดยอด - "to climax", "to orgasm" (this one's more clinical, just like its English equivalent)

หลั่ง - "to ejaculate" (this is the neutral polite, non-medical way of saying it -- Google it and you'll see articles about premature ejaculation, for example). The more formal, medical way of saying it is to specify -- หลั่งน้ำอสุจิ.

Anything involving the word อสุจิ "sperm" or น้ำอสุจิ "semen" is usually clinical/formal.

Also, to offer a correction to samsara (post #10), จุด in จุดสุดยอด is a noun, not a verb. ถึง ("to arrive at") is the verb that goes with it. จุด means "point", as in "the point of climax". There is a homonym จุด meaning to ignite, as you say, but that's not the meaning here.

And to oldsparrow (post #18), การสำเร็จความใคร่ by itself means masturbation, so ด้วยตนเอง is only included for clarity (i.e. someone else isn't doing it for you). It doesn't mean "orgasm" per se, especially not if achieved through sex, at least as far as I know. See, for example, the Thai Wikipedia page for masturbation, การสำเร็จความใคร่.

And now back to your regularly scheduled fish-in-a-barrel humor contest. Have at, gents.

Good summary Rikker,

thanks.

In my experience, the most commonly used expression between lovers is เสร็จ (set) or เสร็จแล้ว (set laew)

What I would like to know though is what is the common / colloquial way word/expression for 'having sex' or 'had sex with'?

I don't think I've ever heard the dictionary word เพศ used in conversation. Other synonyms I've found like นอนกัน also don't seem to work. There's probably a few euphemistic phrases is my guess, but maybe someone here can enlighten me.

Oh, don't bother to tell me to ask the bar girls, please! Like other words on this topic, I find asking the girls doesn't usually get you much of an answer, probably out of embarrassment.

What I would like to know though is what is the common / colloquial way word/expression for 'having sex' or 'had sex with'?

Actually มีเซ็กซ์ is not uncommon as a neutral expression. Since Thai is often a bit ambiguous though, less clear options such as มีอะไรกัน can also be heard...

Then there's relatively acceptable slang words that can be used with friends and not being too crude enough to use the rudest words, such as ปี้ , อิ๊งๆ and อึ๊บ usually in banter/joking... Depends on the situation.

Since Thai is often a bit ambiguous though, less clear options such as มีอะไรกัน can also be heard...

มีอะไรกัน is definitely the one I've heard the most by a long way. Also, occasionally, เอากัน, and somewhat more crudely (not sure if I'm spelling this right) เย็ด or การเย็ด

Since Thai is often a bit ambiguous though, less clear options such as มีอะไรกัน can also be heard...

มีอะไรกัน is definitely the one I've heard the most by a long way. Also, occasionally, เอากัน, and somewhat more crudely (not sure if I'm spelling this right) เย็ด or การเย็ด

OMG! เอากัน in Lao just means to get married. Now I know why my very polite female colleague was a bit shocked when I used it to refer to a couple getting married. (I still unwittingly mix Lao in with my Thai.) :)

I second all the ones Meadish said. In addition, there's ได้เสีย or ได้เสียกัน.

Be warned that เย็ด is very vulgar, in my mind I think of it like the f-word in English. And อึ๊ป and ปี้ I would say are like "screw" or "boink" or other rather silly slang. Not polite, though.

And we can't forget ทำการบ้าน "do homework"!

(Also, that's hilarious about เอากัน in Lao!)

• 9 months later...

During a game of dtee bat, I became exhausted having to stoop over and pick up the birdy. The wife asked me id I had enough and I said

ton mai wai laeow

ทนไม่ไหวแล้ว

I got scolded for speaking bad because this term was sexual (she said).

As in one can’t hold back anymore before having a topic of this thread.

Did I say something wrong? I got this phrase from 2 sources where it had nothing to do with sex. As in the dogs bark all day and we can’t stand it anymore. Should

this phrase be avoided?

During a game of dtee bat, I became exhausted having to stoop over and pick up the birdy. The wife asked me id I had enough and I said

ton mai wai laeow

ทนไม่ไหวแล้ว

I got scolded for speaking bad because this term was sexual (she said).

As in one can’t hold back anymore before having a topic of this thread.

Did I say something wrong? I got this phrase from 2 sources where it had nothing to do with sex. As in the dogs bark all day and we can’t stand it anymore. Should

this phrase be avoided?

I am not sure how the phase by itself could mean something sexual. Maybe it was the way you said it or probably what your wife thought you normally have in mind. :)

Some other terms related to having sex;

ล้างหน้าไก่ to have sex in the early morning.

กินข้าวต้มรอบดึก to have sex late at night

ไปส่งส่วย to visit your lover so you can have sex.

:)

I second all the ones Meadish said. In addition, there's ได้เสีย or ได้เสียกัน.

This maybe explains why the Laos equivalent of เอากัน is สี่กัน - a corruption of เสียกัน ??

(and probably explains why Nana Plaza is situated on soi 4 5555555)

น้ำแตก means to ejaculate, no? Subtle difference from orgasm, which is more gender neutral. Pretty sure น้ำแตก typically only refers to male ejaculation.

Edit: Okay, just did some Googling (dangerous, I know), and there are references online to น้ำแตก referring to men and women. Still unclear (and I don't care to do too much research here) whether น้ำแตก always refers to ejaculation, though, since female ejaculation is much rarer than female orgasm, of course.

Some other terms related to having sex;

ล้างหน้าไก่ to have sex in the early morning.

กินข้าวต้มรอบดึก to have sex late at night

ไปส่งส่วย to visit your lover so you can have sex.

:)

I put these into the dictionary at thai2english (I can't read Thai script yet) and whilst I kinda get กินข้าวต้มรอบดึก gin khao tom rop duek or 'have what you would have for breakfast late' and ไปส่งส่วย bpai song suay or 'go make a (regular?) payment or tribute' &lt;deleted&gt; has ล้างหน้าไก่ laang naa gai or 'wash the face of a chicken' got to do with sex early in the morning? I know Thai people like a vague or poetic way of saying things but washing a chickens face? Maybe, just maybe, I could understand the chicken reference.... nope... try as I may I cannot make the analogy! Anyway, how does it mean early in the morning? Or is Thai2English just rubbish?