Luton Promoted

fw1

Finally after 10 very difficult years, years including administration and debts that ran into millions. My beloved Luton Town F.C have finally lifted themselves up into The Championship. For all of you supporting small clubs that, like Luton, struggle financially, this is something to take heart in. It may seem insignificant but means a great deal to many. I had several calls from friends in Luton over the weekend saying that there was a great buzz around the town after our 1-2 away win to Wrexham.

All we need to do now is get promoted again, find a bunch of players as good as Ricky Hill, Mick Harford, Brian Stein, Steve Foster, Mal Donaghy, Paul Walsh Steve Moss, Raddy Antic, and the likes and we will again be beating the best there is on an occasional basis.

In case you are interested. Our manager is Mike Newell. I saw him score a hattrick for us against an allegedly invicible Liverpool in Oct 87, we beat them 4-1 that day, inflicting just about the heaviest defeat they had had that decade. We also knocked them out of the F.A cup 3-0 a few months later after two 0-0's, they were the current holders. A month or two after that we beat Arsenal 3-2 in the Littlewoods/League cup final.

Ahhh, those were the days... but again, most importantly, I hope that those supporting teams struggling financially can have hope knowing that if we can do it, so can you.

All the best, whoever you support.