Registering Ais Sim Card

lannarose

You can register at AIS office on Tapae rd. You need to take your passport. The benefit is that if you lose your phone you can report it to AIS, retain your number and get a new sim card with any outstanding balance included, for free. That was my experience about 3 months ago.

Thanks, Kevin. Where exactly on Thapae Road is the AIS office? Can I get by with my rudimentary Thai?

By the way, I find myself topping up my prepaid SIM every month just to keep it active even though I'm an infrequent user. Is there a plan I can switch to for infrequent users?

Thanks, Kevin. Where exactly on Thapae Road is the AIS office? Can I get by with my rudimentary Thai?

By the way, I find myself topping up my prepaid SIM every month just to keep it active even though I'm an infrequent user. Is there a plan I can switch to for infrequent users?

It is on the corner of Tapae and Kampheng Din rd - i.e. about 200 metres after the Changklan Rd turn - heading towards Tapae gate.

I have a 2-sim phone and one sim is just an emergency back-up so I use it infrequently, and don't want to keep topping up.  I want to see if I can get the expiry date increased by a couple of months - why don't you try to ask them and let me know how you get on?

They have staff that speak perfect english.

DTAC will give you a plan for infrequent users like me where your credit no matter how small can be used up to 12 mths. The first 3 months you pay 2b a minute thereafter 5 baht. Asked AIS could they match it said no so after 8 years of being a good AIS conrtibutor I moved .My usage when working was quite alot.

Didn't know you could actually register a SIM, but I was blown away at how easy it was to recover the number after losing my phone. Went into the TRUE store at KSK with my passport and within minutes the woman handed me a new SIM for free, saying it would be activated within an hour. Turns out my 270b of credit was still there too!