Divorce By Mutual Agreement

Godders

My Thai wife and I have agreed to divorce. Do we need to apply for the divorce at the Bangkok office where we registered our marriage or can we apply at any amphur or register office? We don't have any children but we are drawing up a mutually agreed financial settlement. Will this need to be produced and registered at the office where we apply for the divorce?

And don't forget to bring the marriage certificates with you. You will have to turn them in.

Thanks for the replies. One other point. My wife and I do not reside at the same address. Will I need to take a Proof of Address cert which I gather I can get from the local Immigration Office?

If you go to the office where you registered the marriage it is very easy.If you go to a different Amphur office you need legal translations of all the documents.

The financial agreement must be very clear and in the form of a legal document or they wont put into your divorce certificate

If you go to the office where you registered the marriage it is very easy.If you go to a different Amphur office you need legal translations of all the documents.

Translations of which documents?

It's a Thai marriage and a Thai divorce, so what needs to be translated?

The financial agreement must be very clear and in the form of a legal document or they wont put into your divorce certificate

Most if not all of the Amphurs will not care, once they divorce you, it stops being their problem, it was never their problem in the first place to be honest...... any legal issue after they divorce you is between you, your lawyer and your now ex-wife.