Rachawadee Resort And Green Laef Restaurant

Gladiator

The following is a report that my mate has posted on 'Trip Advisor":

"Been to Khon Kaen many times but this is the first time that i have stayed at Rachawadee Ideal for everybody inc children Once you arrive you are treated with dignity Staff all very friendly,service good accomodation very clean and good I cannot fault the place With its location some 2 minutes away from the airport i am sure that this resort will be a must go place in the future Good luck to all the management and owners

Yours ...."

The only comments that I would add is that I totally agree with his comments, lovely swimming pool, but if you are expecting a full English/western breakfast - you may be disappointed as only toast/marmalade/eggs/thai sausages + Thai food.

As a by the way - we went to eat at The Green Leaf Restauranton the airport road. I was quite impressed at the variety and quality of the western food on the menu and actually on the food itself. my mate was not so impressed.

I would be interested to hear your comments.

Ratchawadee, great value at 780 Baht a night. I was impressed.

Not far from the center of town if you have a car.

It is only 10 minutes from the centre of town...but that is if you have a car,maybe the ratchawadee do a free courtesy bus into town? the op would know about that! i like the green leaf myself and the thai restaurant opposite the rachawadee is excellent value for money for the quality of food provided.

i have not stayed at the resort but only heard good reports!

Why in the world would you want to stay 2 minutes from the airport when there is nothing out that way?

Makes no sense to me

The Princess and former Sofitel are better bets

Nio.....believe me there is plenty out this way! you just dont know... :)

Why in the world would you want to stay 2 minutes from the airport when there is nothing out that way?

Makes no sense to me

The Princess and former Sofitel are better bets

I have stayed at the Pullman/Sofitel (and, in fact, attended the buffet there on Christmas Night)... No complaints, great hotel but, it is not a resort and downtown traffic can, at times, be fierce.

The Rachawadee Resort has a charm of its own. Lovely swimming pool in the gardens with a sala to provide shade and comfort, which was important as we had a six month baby with us. Close to the restaurant is a very larger pond and aviary, with an astonishing collection of animals. The service was grand and the staff could not have been friendlier. I met the owner, a nice guy, who went out of his way on several occasions to make our stay more pleasant.

There is a courtesy bus which makes runs into the centre of Khon Kaen.

The close vicinity of the airport is great both for arriving after a long, tiring, international flight to Bangkok and connection to Khon Kaen, and easy access for the return flight. During our stay, In think that there was only one occasion when I heard an aircraft taxiing.

Highway 12 is at the end of the airport road. Great to connect to the Ring Road and drive to Ban Nonghai Phochai, where my wifes family live, without having to drive through the town. Easy to drive down to Ban Ton, where my mate's wife's family live and also to get to Puviam to join some friends for golf.

Thanks to another poster for mentioning the Thai Restaurant opposite the Resort which was good quality and value and had a good selection of wine.

As per Nadtatida's posting, 'You really do not know what is out this way'

Cheers,

Gladiator

Stayed a couple of nights at Rachawadee just after Christmas, and happy to endorse all the positive comments about it.

Really nice staff, lovely surroundings, friendly atmosphere - on the two nights we were there, we and our friends in another room overslept, it was so quiet and comfortable.

We had a car, so didn't even know about the courtesy bus, and despite thinking that we were close enough to the airport to have to ask ATC for permission to enter the car park, never once disturbed by aircraft.

Great value.

Elwood

Stayed a couple of nights at Rachawadee just after Christmas, and happy to endorse all the positive comments about it.

Really nice staff, lovely surroundings, friendly atmosphere - on the two nights we were there, we and our friends in another room overslept, it was so quiet and comfortable.

We had a car, so didn't even know about the courtesy bus, and despite thinking that we were close enough to the airport to have to ask ATC for permission to enter the car park, never once disturbed by aircraft.

Great value.

Elwood

I've stayed at the Rachawadee a few times over the last couple of years and every time it has been enjoyable with no problems.

We usually get a couple of rooms (adjoining) and its really cheap - we used to stay at the Sofitel but a couple of rooms for a week is now quite expensive.

I like the pool and the grounds - laid back and peaceful, and I've spent a fair few hours laying relaxing with a few cold bevies.

I don't mind being out of KK as I usually get a car anyway to do a bit of touring around the area.

Probably the only down side is that breakfast is pretty ordinary (but I can live with that) and it sometimes gets a bit noisy with weddings and they sometimes have business seminars and events there.

The restaurant over the road (the Greenleaf???) is OK but the Kinaree restaurant at the hotel is very good.....initially we were reluctant to go there as breakfast was ordinary, and often hotel restaurants are a ripoff, but this one is great. Lots of thais come to eat there - we had dinner a few times, beside the 'geese' pond. It says it's 5 star restaurant, dunno about that, but it is good food and prices - worth a visit even ifyou're not staying at the hotel.

....and I've got no vested interest etc in this hotel!!

pic I took of the swimming pool - last October

img1773op.jpg

Edited by Sporting Dog

• 4 weeks later...