I Need Appointment At Us Embassy In Chiang Mai

westbounder

Hi,

I am an American and I am getting my retirement visa real soon but I first need to make an appointment at the US embassy so I can swear an oath and get a letter from them verifying my income, then give this letter to Thai immigration. I am told I need to make an appointment online for the US Embassy, but I see no where on the website how to make this needed appointment.

Can you please help me and tell me what to do?

Thank you kindly

~

Is an appointment necessary for a mere income affidavit? I thought you just go in during the American Svcs hours and take a number.

And you don't have to bother with proof of income - they won't want to see it anyway. The Consulate is merely notarizing your signature on your affidavit.

Anyway, it is all on the CM Consulate website.

Good luck!

Aye. Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9am to 11am. Just show up, figure out what you want to state on your affidavit -- something like, "I certify that my income is not less than xxxxx.xx per zzzzz", take a number, and wait. No appointment necessary.

Aye. Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9am to 11am....... take a number, and wait. No appointment necessary.

True, but if I and all my friends made appointments on that day and filled the time, then you will sit there all morning and not see anyone and lose 2 days if you come on Tuesday and 4 days if you come on Thursday. Make the appointment and you do not have to show up before your allotted time.

Make the appointment early and you go from the consulate to immigration and do everything in one day. Been there, done that.

Aye. Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9am to 11am. Just show up, figure out what you want to state on your affidavit -- something like, "I certify that my income is not less than xxxxx.xx per zzzzz", take a number, and wait. No appointment necessary.

I was there about 2 weeks ago and didn't notice a ticket machine to get a number. I previously get an appointment online.

Regarding the affidavit, no need to figure anything, they have a pre-printed form. All you need to do is fill in the monthly income amount in US dollars.