Motorbike Accident On Sukhumvit Near Plant Market Today.

Crypt36

I saw this boy have an accident with his motorbike on Sukhumvit road today. I heared a scratching sound behind me and saw his scooter with helmet grinding the highway and the boy right behind it. He looked dead or unconcious at least.

Would like to know what happened if anyone reads about it.

Would have called an ambulance if I had a mobile phone but I don't. I also like salty's answer. Third people should just stay away so a victim can breed, traffic can go on and a docter can do his work properly without a crowd. Fourth I know shit about aiding someone so nope don't like being a "disaster tourist" (translation from dutch term haha) so moved on. If I'd seen who did it or who caused it I would have stayed offcourse.

Would have called an ambulance if I had a mobile phone but I don't. I also like salty's answer. Third people should just stay away so a victim can breed, traffic can go on and a docter can do his work properly without a crowd. Fourth I know shit about aiding someone so nope don't like being a "disaster tourist" (translation from dutch term haha) so moved on. If I'd seen who did it or who caused it I would have stayed offcourse.

If they've just been wiped out on a motorbike, reproduction is unlikely to be the first thing on their mind.

Take a look at www.darwinawards.com :)

Can I ask all you kind and gentle people a question?

Why would anyone post a question on this board? The man asks a serious question regarding a victim's well-being and and you have nothing better to do than slam him with cruelty and insults.

I just don't get it.

What is wrong with you?

And to all you who consider it your duty to attack and insult, take your best shots - I won't be looking at your responses.

disgusted. :)

I was driving in Pattaya today and was on the same road as foodland. There was a bike with mum dad and kid inbetween who just swerved infront of me making me swerve onto the other side of the road into on coming traffic. No traffic was coming otherwise I would of just slammed on the brakes meaning the tit behind me in his camry would of gone into me as he was only 3 foot behind me anyway.

Not a big deal really, but what I'm getting at is the fact that many accidents can be avoided with proper law enforcment and proper education. If I was a thai driving, then the bike would of been a goner and the tit in the camry would of piled into the back of me also.

We can only hope that it will get better!

Saw on soi kao noi a very young girl(maybe 18 months or less) fall from her mother's/carers motorbike face down onto the road , the woman,looking very annoyed, just picked her up and and proceeded to drive off, child screaming, without even looking to see what if any injuries had been caused to the child!,. TIT at it's worst for me, especially as a mother and grandmother who puts my children and grandchildren's safety before my own.

no driving discipline at all.

anything goes.

you need your head on a swivel.

----------------------------------------

I agree with you.... But dont think that Discipline is of any value here. Discipline is something you need to have if you KNOW something about something. But many many many many many many thaidriver do not know ANYTHING att all. They buy their driverlicense and say to everyone who cares to listen I can drive...... When in fact they do not know anything at all about rules or behaviour in traffic.

So like many of you guys says, thake it cool and drive sometimes more passive than you would in your home falangcountry plse.

Glegolo

Nice to see we have so many caring people here.

As to the fairy tale about stopping to help and being hed responsible it is utter crap. I have stopped to help several people here on Samui and never once had any problem. The total oposite in fact. I always carry a first aid kit about as its needed for my job and every Thai and farang I have helped has thanked me and been very grateful. Try to remember it could be you or your other half laying in the road one day. Wouldn't you want somebody to help you ?

Why would anyone post a question on this board? The man asks a serious question regarding a victim's well-being and and you have nothing better to do than slam him with cruelty and insults.

I just don't get it.

What is wrong with you?

And to all you who consider it your duty to attack and insult, take your best shots - I won't be looking at your responses.

It is a very very common occurrence here

Misspell a word a people will crucify you

I think it is because there are too many ex-pat

teachers here with nothing better to to.

They have no friends because people do not like

being corrected all the time, so these bashers

are shunned and outcasts.

As for the person with in the accident I do not know

his condition.

Has anyone else ever noticed what I call the Thai Swerve. The bike rider in front of you looks over his right shoulder and in doing so pulls the right handlebar and swerves out in front of you. I've come to expect this now.

Another strange effect I've noticed since moving to LOS is this. Traffic light intersections are popular venues for accidents, where motor bikes running the red light get wiped out by a pickup. However, when the lights are switched off everyone proceeds a lot more carefully and you rarely see accidents.

Has anyone else ever noticed what I call the Thai Swerve. The bike rider in front of you looks over his right shoulder and in doing so pulls the right handlebar and swerves out in front of you. I've come to expect this now.

Another strange effect I've noticed since moving to LOS is this. Traffic light intersections are popular venues for accidents, where motor bikes running the red light get wiped out by a pickup. However, when the lights are switched off everyone proceeds a lot more carefully and you rarely see accidents.

Yes loads of times

but never looking over the shoulder first, only after the maneuver. :)

I just don't get it.

What is wrong with you?

It is a very very common occurrence here

Misspell a word a people will crucify you

I think it is because there are too many ex-pat

teachers here with nothing better to to.

They have no friends because people do not like

being corrected all the time, so these bashers

are shunned and outcasts.

As for the person with in the accident I do not know

his condition.

Sense of humour deficiency, methinks. If you ever learn to speak Thai you'll find that a small variation in pronunciation can render what you said meaningless, or even comical. "Ngau" can mean almost anything, depending on the tone you use. Spelling has a similar significance in English.

So this is a 2-in-one topic now. OK.

First about the accident: At home (in Europe) I never stopped to check out accidents and their vivtims, especially when a lot of other "tourists" are around.

Luckily I never was an actual witness of an accident, but even in that case the victim would be better off without me. For the Samui-poster: Try to perform your 'services' here in Pattaya, and you'll find yourself back in prison pretty soon. In some cases, accidents with 'farangs' involved were set-ups.

Regarding the flaming, shouting, correcting on this forum: This forum would be so much more valuable without it! It's so sad to see so many frustrated, annoyed, high-blood-pressurized, heart-failing and other brain-dead people whi have nothing else to do than just waiting for an opportunity and grab the bait.

If you never get corrected you're never going to learn.

The original 'breed - breathe' comment was obviously written in a joking manner with no 'flaming or shouting' intended.

When people joke about my Thai it helps me learn not to make the same mistake again.

These people are doing you a favour.

It's the second accident I witness. The previous one was in Holland and this time I was waiting in front of the traffic lights when a motor crashed into the back of a panda going left.... The guy and his bike made quite a flight and he landed in a nasty angle but at least he wore a helmet and was still moving... This young boy wasn't. To bad I'll never know what happened.