Any Brave Millionares Ou There?

cotambear

How about running a baht bus service Kamala, loop of patong, kata/karon and back? The drivers would have to be armed off duty policemen, and at night the bus parked in the police station. All profits if any to the orphans. Never going to happen I know, but if it did it would be 100 times bolder than virgin galactic.

Have always thought that a big tourist company could 'dress up' a bus service for Karon to Patong as "The Phuket West-Coaster".

Start at Laem Promthep, and continue to, say, Surin. Make it a hop-on / hop-off service for the tourists and sightseeing. That would give the mafia some headscatching to do!

Have always thought that a big tourist company could 'dress up' a bus service for Karon to Patong as "The Phuket West-Coaster".

Start at Laem Promthep, and continue to, say, Surin. Make it a hop-on / hop-off service for the tourists and sightseeing. That would give the mafia some headscatching to do!

the first time the driver got beat up or the bus firebombed, it would be all over

I was actually looking into it 5 years ago with some BIB in Chalong, until I found out the fare is desided by the governor at max 20 baht. Even if the investment was only 1,2 mill baht a unit, it was hard to calculate any profit at those fares

Another problem was going through 3 different police districts, not being able to employ only Chalong police officers

Edited by katabeachbum

I was actually looking into it 5 years ago with some BIB in Chalong, until I found out the fare is desided by the governor at max 20 baht. Even if the investment was only 1,2 mill baht a unit, it was hard to calculate any profit at those fares

Another problem was going through 3 different police districts, not being able to employ only Chalong police officers

If bus fares are decided by the Governor then why?

Oh sorry I nearly went off topic then and started on about the tuk tuks