Where to stay in vientiene and non b multiple?

We [my thai wife and I] drive to Nong khai,stop and get her crossing card 100 baht and my Lao visa app. and park the pickup,catch the bus to Lao immigration, clear into Lao, 1500 baht,catch a taxi [about 75 or 100 baht] and he took us to a hotel, I cant remember the name,but it is one block over and down one block from the Thai visa agency,the hotel is about 400 baht per day and nice,aircon,hot showers.TV.king size beds and nice dining room,pobly 4 star, in fact it is right behind Bangkok Bank.and 1 1/2 block walk to visa agency, I payed some people 1000 baht,they made out my papers and took all info[they know what you need]and required thai paperwork into the visa agency and delivered it to my hotel the following morning,other than that,you have to stand in line,so it was worth it to me to have them stand in line and deliver it. But I do not remember the name of the hotel,if my wife does when she gets in from school tonite I will post it as an edit to this..also the scandinavian bakery is a #### fine place to eat and just a short walk from the hotel.