Moo-ka-tah B.b.q. The Best Value For Money

tigerfish

been going ever since i can remember. the best value meal i can think of, especially if your going with the family,(usually around 89-109 baht per person)

fresh vegtables, marinaded pork, beef, and chicken aswell as liver, bacon . prawns, shellfish and squid. then you have dim sum buns, fried chicken and fries, b.b.qed fish, satay, tod mun blah, pork and chicken steaks cooked to order.

thai favourites like som-tam, nam-tok, yam, kaprow. most have fresh fruits, salads, thai sweets aswell as ice cream for the kids.

the one i always goes to has live music every night, and some of thailands top comedians do the rounds on a saturday. you can even get them delivered by motor bike.

tips; always seat so that you can keep an eye on the buffet. reason being, as soon as the prawns get topped up, the thais will be at them like a swam of bees.

bring your own whiskey, they will charge you a corkage fee of about 20 baht, but its better than paying double for the same bottle you can get at 7/11

never sit to close to the stage on comedy night(its up to you) but as soon as they spot a falang you easy pickings.

I agree, moo kata joints are some of the best restaurants around. It's just crazy you can get so much good food for 100 baht per person. I love em. Went to one that even had fishing, had a pool filled with shrimp you could catch with a rod and bait. Lots of fun!

I agree, moo kata joints are some of the best restaurants around. It's just crazy you can get so much good food for 100 baht per person. I love em. Went to one that even had fishing, had a pool filled with shrimp you could catch with a rod and bait. Lots of fun!

Yes, where is this place? This thread is making me hungry!

it depends on where you are in thailand. bangkok has loads of them. but having been to the four corners of the kingdom, i have seen them everywhere. some are chains(but no so much in the macdonalds sence) some are family run businesses. if you have thai friends or a thai partner just ask them wheres the nearest moo-ka-ta. i am sure they will fill you in.

it depends on where you are in thailand. bangkok has loads of them. but having been to the four corners of the kingdom, i have seen them everywhere. some are chains(but no so much in the macdonalds sence) some are family run businesses. if you have thai friends or a thai partner just ask them wheres the nearest moo-ka-ta. i am sure they will fill you in.

Tell us about the one you always go!

o.k. in bangkok there are 3 places i go to, because they are all reletively close to where i live.

1; on nut road, towards the phra -khong end around soi 31-35.

2; phechaburi road, around the thong -lo interchange oppostie what used to be called the steak lao restaurant.

3; srinakarin road, on from seakon road travelling east, theres loads of them either side of the road.

as for isaan i have eaten in sahkon nahkon, udon, khon ken and nong khai couldnt tell you where because thai friends and family took me.

Edited by tigerfish

o.k. in bangkok there are 3 places i go to, because they are all reletively close to where i live.

2; phechaburi road, around the thong -lo interchange oppostie what used to be called the steak lao restaurant.

3; srinakarin road, on from seakon road travelling east, theres loads of them either side of the road.

as for isaan i have eaten in sahkon nahkon, udon, khon ken and nong khai couldnt tell you where because thai friends and family took me.

Ok thanks for that i think i will have to head into udon and khon kaen then and start looking.

It sounds very good but have not heard anyone raving about moo-kah-tah bbq up here?

Just been to the one you mention on On-Nut road, I like it.

My Thai friends prefer the one at the end of On-Nut road, on Sukhumvit. More choice of food (good for them). Louder live music (bad for me).

It's not the cheapest, but IMHO, it's one of the best...that being the "Best Beef" restaurant a few blocks inward from the On Nut BTS Station (toward PhraKanong) on the same side of Sukhumvit Road as the Tesco store there.

199 baht for their regular (hot grill at table) BBQ buffet, 249 for their soup pot buffet... About 20 entree items on their buffet menu, plus your fill of as much as you want of any of the veggies on their regular menu... I've reviewed it elsewhere here on TV.... Reasonably cheap beer as well... Only open from mid afternoon until midnight or so (no lunch).

The thing I like about this place is all their meats are served to you relatively freshly sliced on individual plates...not a place where you go and have to tong helpings of meats out of big bins where they've been sitting all night (or nights???), and may or may not have been kept cold. Never gotten sick from eating at BB in many visits there. Unfortunately, can't say the same for a lot of the other moo krata places around BKK....

It's not the cheapest, but IMHO, it's one of the best...that being the "Best Beef" restaurant a few blocks inward from the On Nut BTS Station (toward PhraKanong) on the same side of Sukhumvit Road as the Tesco store there.

199 baht for their regular (hot grill at table) BBQ buffet, 249 for their soup pot buffet... About 20 entree items on their buffet menu, plus your fill of as much as you want of any of the veggies on their regular menu... I've reviewed it elsewhere here on TV.... Reasonably cheap beer as well... Only open from mid afternoon until midnight or so (no lunch).

The thing I like about this place is all their meats are served to you relatively freshly sliced on individual plates...not a place where you go and have to tong helpings of meats out of big bins where they've been sitting all night (or nights???), and may or may not have been kept cold. Never gotten sick from eating at BB in many visits there. Unfortunately, can't say the same for a lot of the other moo krata places around BKK....

jfchandler,

yeah i know the one your talking about, ive eaten there too. i liked it, its more of a european way fo cooking i found. i.e. you have flat

hot plate and are served with nobs of butter to cook your desired meats in. the meats are cut in slices , much in the same way as if you where to go to b.b.q. plaza, or japanese quisine. a little bit more exspensive but you get what you pay for. plus the have some good deals on promotions when it come to drink.

the only problem is the wife the usaul thai shake of the head "too exspensive"

There's another more traditional moo krata place there on the same side of the street, about halfway between Best Beef and the On Nut BTS Station. In English, it's called, I believe, 36 Gold Krata... Had pretty good success there, though, at 109 baht per person, they are of the tong the meat/seafood out of the bins variety.

post-53787-1263891695_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1263891717_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1263891725_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...