Mobile Charger - Dual Voltage

cdnvic

I've got a Siemens M55, a "world phone" with a charger that says it will take 100 - 240 volt input at 50 to 60 hz.

Has anyone else tried using these variable voltage chargers, and do they work? I fried a Nokia last year. :o

Ok, and what will it cost me to get a sim card for Thailand so I don't pay through the nose for roaming?

Thanks

cv

Is the charger quite lightweight or does it feel like it's full of iron? If it's lightwweight, it is probably OK. If it feels like it's full of iron, it probably is and therefore it's single-voltage.

If it's the original charger, you'll be fine. Siemens wouldn't say that it's multivoltage if it's not.

FYI, many Nokia phones sold in Thailand come with multi-voltage chargers as standard and they work fine here.

I use a Nokia dual charger and it's fine.If you really don't trust your one ,you can pick up a second hand charger for between THB100 and THB200.

SIM cards are cheap.You can buy a new prepaid sim card for around THB400 and get some airtime as well..then all you have to do is top up etc :o

Your multiple voltage charger will definitly be OK here. My telephone and laptop have the same thing. I've used them in Canada and LOS with no difficulties. They work like a miniature surge suppressor- since your electronic item only needs a fraction of whatever you are plugged into.

Sim Cards are everywhere and cheap. you can get one from Orange as low as 200 baht, but not much time on it. However- you are probably going to have to register it if you don't arrive here soon (supposedly May 10), so be sure to take your passport when you go shopping!