Greenday

chivo

I was there, they were as brilliant as ever (I am slightly biased being a huge Green Day fan for years). Top quality entertainment, first time they have played in BKK since 1996. I was also very impressed with Impact Arena, my first visit there for a concert but would go again.

I was there, very good sound, and a good show marred by perhaps a bit too much soliciting of audience participation on Billie Joe's part (IMHO). Very good turnout, looked to be nearly sold out. The opening act, Prima Donna, was also good.

Gheez , never saw this advertised anywhere.

Did they play at Impact Center ?

JimmyTheMook - you should read my posts more often :)

AC, thought you had better taste than that, can only say glad I didnt read your post, unless it was advising to avoid.

The concert was excellent.

I agree with sabaijai's comment about a bit too much audience participation. (I really don't need to be told to put my arms in the air, or to be told to sing "eeee ooooh".) That said, I was amazed at the young kid who was dragged from the audience and sang the first verse of one of the songs. His balls are much bigger than mine.

I didn't like the girl being taken from the audience for a "ritual sacrifice", or the treatment by the bouncers of the kid who approached Tre Cool.

I also didn't like the first song in the second encore. "When September Ends" is all about the death of Billie Joe's father. I don't want to leave a concert feeling depressed.

On the positive side, Green Day performed for over two and a half hours, which was great. Let's hope we don't have to wait another decade until they're here again.

Oh, and my neck is still hurting a week later from the head banging.

Granted there was a bit of overkill on the hand waving but having been to several GD gigs over the years it felt a little bit like they had to cater for their audience.

Getting into political statements about the current American (and the recently departed) administration would most likely have been met with a sea of blank faces and silence. Probably best to stick to the wheyyyyy hoooooo!

I was amazed at the young kid who was dragged from the audience and sang the first verse of one of the songs. His balls are much bigger than mine.

Good to hear that not much has changed. I saw GD in 1998 at Edgefest in Ottawa. Halfway through their set, Billie Joe called out for a "F**kin' good guitarist" from the crowd. After much debate amongst the people at the front, a teenage kid (probably about 16 or so) was pushed up on stage, Billie Joe gave him his guitar, and the kid played for 3 or 4 songs! This concert changed my mind about GD, I thought they were a bunch of posers before this, but they proved that they can rock, and are nice guys as well!

I was planning on going, but the initial ticket prices, (I think they lowered them as the date got closer), dissuaded me. Oh well, hopefully this means that we'll get more good bands now!