Golf In Phitsanulok

aitch52

I played Dongpukurd GC this week, situated on a Royal Thai Army Base in P-lok. We were pleasantly surprised both with the condition of the course and the greens, fast and true and in great shape. There are many water hazards and being flat it is a very good walk (spoiled) with some fine views and lots of trees. Apart from the water, the course is relatively user friendly and once you are familiar with the layout, I think it is a course that the average golfer would be able to score well on. The caddies were friendly and helpful.

There are good facilities, green fee 200 baht and caddy fee 100 baht for 9 holes, double that for 18, they tell you to tip the caddy 100 baht at the check in which was a first. They also have clubs for hire, didn't check on the price but will next week. There was a fair old breeze blowing across the course. As we were time constrained we only played the front 9 holes. I felt fresh after 9 and would have loved to have played the back 9 too. Course length: Blue 6901 Par 72.5, White 6322 Par 70.5, Red (Ladies) 5621 Par 71.1, yards I think but may be metres, sure felt longish off the Whites. 3 par 5's on the front 9, one on the back.

Overall an excellent afternoon out and well worth a visit if you are ever in Phitsanulok.

Phone numbers: 055 258 846, 055 251531, they spoke reasonable English at the check in too.

Aitch

• 4 weeks later...