Bbc I Player

anonymouse

First off ccokie files are so small that it would 10s of thousands of them on your hard drive before any noticable impact on performance would be noticed. I guess in your enthusiam you have inadvertantly deleted a required cookie for the player. Generally cookies are harmless unless associated with spyware. You should be using a good anti virus programme that can differentiate between good cookies and bad cookies.

As far as the BBC1 player is concerned I would suggest removing the programme and then try and reinstall it again. :)

Not an answer to your question but a question to the OP.

How have you managed to get i player working in Thailand?

Are you using a proxy server? If so which and if it is against forum rules to post this please PM me.

Finally, does it work OK on Thai internet, considering it takes 15 minutes to watch a 3 minute YouTube clip here?

Not an answer to your question but a question to the OP.

How have you managed to get i player working in Thailand?

Are you using a proxy server? If so which and if it is against forum rules to post this please PM me.

Finally, does it work OK on Thai internet, considering it takes 15 minutes to watch a 3 minute YouTube clip here?

You are able to listen to BBC radio using the iPlayer without restriction.

totster :)

That's right I'm only streaming radio not downloading anything, still can't get it to work, sometimes it is telling me to enable java , which is enabled. Looking on the BBC i player website It seems to be giving a lot of other people problems as well. I've tried downloading the new Java and Internet explorer to see if that helps but the download speeds are so low out here in the suburbs of Chiang Mai that it is estimating that each download will take over 2hrs a piece, will have to go into town and buy them from the pirate dealers :)

I had the same problem last week, couldn't get it to work and it sometimes told me to enable Java, even though it was enabled. I checked the BBC FAQ and it was suggested that I clear the Browser cache.

In Firefox click on Tools and then Clear Recent History. Ensure that Cache is selected, and un-select everything else (unless you specifically want to clear them).

It shouldn't take long to figure out how to do it in your browser if you don't use Firefox.

I did this and it all works fine now.