Zoning Regulations.

A new condo building has just been started right next to my house. It looks like it will be extremely close to the outside wall of my house, and it will certainly block the light from three windows. Does anyone have any knowledge of zoning regulations, eg blocking of natural light, minimum distance from an established building for a new building ? I fully realise that money may have changed hands in order to get planning permision, but I am interested to find out if there are any regs.

Depending on the height of the building there is, I think, a minimum distance required from the outside wall.

Can't remember if it's 2-3 meters.

I have an apartment building in construction in my soi, and I know for sure they don't comply.

Are you ready to go to court?

Depending on the height of the building there is, I think, a minimum distance required from the outside wall.

Can't remember if it's 2-3 meters.

I have an apartment building in construction in my soi, and I know for sure they don't comply.

Are you ready to go to court?

Condo buildings of height not over 23m (8 floors) need to have their balcony edge or wall 3m from the property line when there are openings (window, door) and 2m when there is no opening. Those taller than 23m have to be set back 6m.

I do believe that the set-back being referred to is for the front of the building. The structure itself (the other three sides) can align with the property line. :)

No. Set back is required on all sides to prevent fire spread. And :D I would have to open my windows straight into yours if 2 adjacent buildings are built right to the common property line.