Rip Off Airport Limousines

phuketrex

2 mates just arrived in Patong came through Phuket airport 3 hours ago.

Went to the Meter Taxi booth and told there were no taxis available and wouldn't be for an hour. So they went over to the silver Airport Limousines and asked how much to Patong...1100baht!! Said they wouldn't pay that and asked another driver and got the same response.

Went back inside the terminal and got the tickets for the minibus 150 baht each.

Airport Limousine fare to Patong is usually 550 or 600 baht. Meter Taxi 430 baht.

The disease is spreading!

Our recent encounter with the rip-off artists at Swampy was in November. The limos indoors quoted a price of 1,400-baht to get to Chinatown on Th. Yaowarat where the hotel is. One ripper quoted 1,200-baht on the sly. Went outside to the metered-taxi and got aboard and was delivered to the door of the hotel for 400-baht, which included the toll for the Expressway. We saw not one person take the limos and yet had a line-up outside at the taxi-stand. Doesn't this sink in? Guess the rip-offs are country-wide.

Edited by luangtom

About 18 moths ago i was coming in thru Swampy and i was headed for Pattaya and inquired at the limo desk before you go out thru customs and they quoted 4000 THB . Then i was told that i shouldn't use the taxis as i would be ripped off and that they were government approved to stop the taxi scams. She then wanted to know what hotel and i told them i was going to our house on the darkside in Pattaya but she said that may be extra as the driver will not know the way.

Unferkinbeliable !!! laughed all the way to pattaya in our 1000 THB taxi with a decent driver. But I wonder how many first time visiters get caught ?