Chang Rai Hotel Recomendations?

starrunner

What part of town are you interested in? Will you bring transportation or rely on tuk-tuk, etc.? Do you want to be within walking distance of the down-town or is that not important? Many nice places. Let us know a few specifics about your wishes.

What part of town are you interested in? Will you bring transportation or rely on tuk-tuk, etc.? Do you want to be within walking distance of the down-town or is that not important? Many nice places. Let us know a few specifics about your wishes.

no transportation will be happy with tuk tuk just a place to relax does not have to be in town was looking at Hotel called Serene about 60klms out of town in the Golden triangle Border area. Any idea on transportation cost from Airport to that area.

thanks

Steve

four seasons tented camp is insane, but pretty expensive

anatara has a resort as well very nice

le meridian chiang rai is nice and in town on the river for very reasonable rates about 3500 a night

four seasons tented camp is insane, but pretty expensive

anatara has a resort as well very nice

le meridian chiang rai is nice and in town on the river for very reasonable rates about 3500 a night

Thanks for the reply we will book at le meridian it looks great

Hi, I just stayed the other day at the Wiang Inn Hotel in downtown Chiang Rai and it was lovely. Nice room, comfortable, excellent buffet breakfast, very close to interesting night market, massage places and bars too. I paid 2,000 for the night.

It has a pool, but the water was freezing cold, so I cannot recommend using it.

While you're there, be sure to visit the magnificent "White Temple" about 13 kilometers out of Chiang Mai - it's worth the time and effort, one of the most beautiful I've seen in Thailand.

seeker

Grand View chiang Mai is 4 star from memory, 1,200 per night with nice buffet reakfast. Nice rooms and good value.

The name suggests it's in Chiang Mai, it would have to have an amazing view for the OP to see the sights in Chiang Rai!

But he said he will book the Le Meridien, would have recommended this one myself but a 3* mid-range it definitely isn't so I didn't. It's easily the best hotel in Chiang Rai city and worth paying a bit extra for when compared to the likes of Wiang Inn.