3 Weeks In April

pallypete

will be arriving april 3rd and leaving april 24th and am want into fit in as many places as possible.

am yet to visit ko samet so that is a must.although its a longway from the other andaman islands im hoping to visit,railay/pra nang/ko lipe/ko chang (andaman) ko phayam and maybe ko lanta/ko phi phi again because i enjoyed my 4 night on long beach last april altghough am willing to try somehere new if needs be,maybe 1 night in phuket to visitsome old friends.

ko kradan looks particulary beautiful for a day or 2 to go and visit,relax and swim in the beautiful ocean.

and then maybe some beaches/islands in the trang/krabi area?

only problem is all this fallas during songkran where i hoped to spend at least one day of the celebration but this means travelling up and down as i wanted to plan to visit samet last to avoid the crowds and get the besst weather.

am, looking fo somewhere with quiet beach during theday and posibly a bit of nightlife (nothing to wild) good restaurants at nights etc...i found ko jum (ko pu) a little too laid back and the beaches were not great imo although that even though ao soi is listed in tezzas most pristine beaches i have to disagree (NO DISRESPECT TEZZA).

i didnt find andaman beacdh or golden pearl up to standard either tbh...

i want to try and avoid the rains i am thinking maybe ko phyam /ko chang (andaman) first early april to avoid the increases risk of bad weather? especially as ranong province has more rain than anywhere ele in thailand,so im asssuming there wet eason starts before all the rest of the country?

please bear in mind i enjoy a few days on deserted beautiful peaceful paradise beaches ideal for swimming yet there are so many to choose from???? ive checked tezzas blog extensively and also travelfish.org but im still none the wiser..

any help appreiated regarding places to visit/resorts to stal and accomodation worth a mention,im wilkling to pay 10000-15000bt per night,fan room will be good enough just so long as i have warm water and a mirror.

any help advice/info much appreciated.

thanks

For Koh Samed, you need to book early due to the Songkran holiday, as it fills up quickly, most resorts will only save rooms for people booking the four nights, some resorts also levy an extra songkran charge per night, on top of the nightly rate. there is a great website for koh samed which has all the hotels / guesthouses on samed koh samed.Net take a look at toks little hut quality bungalows next to the beach - short walk to saikaew for nightlife.

For Koh Samed, you need to book early due to the Songkran holiday,

As you also posted on LP/thorntree and was answered ther ample-the advice above reapeats it: songkran will play havoc on all your plans for a whole wek. Donmt expect to be able to move around or easily find accomodation durng it. So forget any plans about visiting that many places.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone got any info on midrange bungalow/hut accommodtioN,close/on the beach, recommenations with the hot water,sink,mirror etc,comfy beds in ko kradan;ko lipe ,ko ngai and raialay happy to pay 1000-1500 baht per nighgt maybe upto 2000baht per night for added comforrt and nice surroundings.

eehep appreciaqted ,thanks :)

PLACES IDEAL FOR SWIMMING ESEPECIALLY APPEALLING.

Hi

i run Bedrock Guesthouse in Ban Phe which is directly opposite Koh Samet. If you get stuck for accomodation u can always book in here and do day trips to the island. Many of our customers do that to avoid the high season room prices in that period. Purely fyi our room rate is baht 750 per nite.

If not pop in for a beer while u are passing through. U can check out our place clicking on the bedrock link on this forum page or google it

Cheers Mark

Bedrock Guesthouse

• 2 weeks later...