How Much Xbox 360?

Judia

To my knowledge Microsoft dont Import them into Thailand, the ones here are grey imports and i would be surprised if you could find a non modded one.

Place in tukom sell the Arcade for 11,000b, its modded to play pirated games, beware though, if you try to play online there is a good chance it will get banned, mine did, MS removed the wifi feature and the Media centre, highly annoying as i was only using it as a HTPC in my bedroom.

Edited by Spoonman

I didn't know there were copy Xbox's available! I think an Xbox bought at MBK will be the same as one bought anywhere else.

There aren't 'fake' xboxes available. Some xboxes are modded, but the machines themselves at MBK and everywhere else are 100% genuine. This goes for Wii, DS, etc as well.

Some xboxes are modded, but the machines themselves at MBK and everywhere else are 100% genuine.

I want an unmodded Xbox360, Can you find out they are defo available in MBK and for what sorta damage on the wallet they are.

Edited by Spoonman

I've never looked explicitly for an Unmodded box, but every store ive ever looked in sells them pre-modded

I really think you will struggle to get an unmodded box.

Singapore is your best bet to be honest, and with the low-cost airlines flying there (Air Asia, for instance) - it will be cheaper to fly there, buy it and fly back than it would be to import one, and it can be done in a day so no need to stay over night.

On second thoughts, stick your head into I27 in MBK (4th floor) - hes one of the few legitimate stores that will not sell pirate cr@p - hes got a sister store in Singapore and he might be open to the possibility of importing one on your behalf... no idea of the costs however.

You definitely don't need to go to Singapore to get one. I don't own an xbox so I don't know exactly what stores, but I have friends that have unmodded ones and lots of Thai people on Live. Just tell the shops what you want, someone should be able to sell you one that hasn't been modded yet. Even the shops selling pirate games and modded consoles often sell legit games as well. You might have to order some of your games online though.

Really, you might want to consider getting a PS3, finding real games for it is easy. Because it's not even possible to mod a PS3 or make copy games for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

getting an un-modded xbox360 is very difficult. trust me, i've tried for a year now after my US model was struck down by a lightning storm.

i did finally break down and bought a modded xbox at TukCom here in Pattaya. 9000baht, 8 games and threw in a HDMI cable. games are 120baht each and you can download your own games (illegally) for free and burn them to DVD-DL. it's a very simple process.

anyway, the modded xbox360s here are Japanese. therefore, they are NTSC-J region, but once modded, you should be able to play ALL NTSC games, be them from the US or Asia. however, PAL will not work. there are many games that are "region free" and will certainly work on a modded xbox. all but 1 of my US purchased games that i brought with me to Thailand work in my modded xbox.

any questions about modded xbox360s, feel free to ask. i've learned quite a bit.

one last bit on edit: you *can* play on XBOX Live with a modded XBOX but it is risky. however, if you have the time and energy, getting "stealth mode" will allow you full success with most games. otherwise, you will get banned from XBOX Live if you make a mistake. but, playing online is not why i bought a modded xbox.

Edited by anothertorres

• 1 month later...

Yup getting an unmodded 360 is very difficult I had to go to Singapore to get my unmodded Elite. I did it in one day, I took the first flight out and last flight back. Nice little trip, and you can get very reasonably price flights to SG these days.

MBK can order them for you, but they told me it cost MORE for an unmodded version! Things may have changed since, but it will probably still be hard to find.

• 8 months later...

Yup getting an unmodded 360 is very difficult I had to go to Singapore to get my unmodded Elite. I did it in one day, I took the first flight out and last flight back. Nice little trip, and you can get very reasonably price flights to SG these days.

MBK can order them for you, but they told me it cost MORE for an unmodded version! Things may have changed since, but it will probably still be hard to find.

Hi ! quiksilva, May I know you have got your Xbox360 with kinect ? and of course how much it cost ? Please let me know how do you feel about this machine.Thanks a lot about your explaination on here .

• 2 weeks later...