Moving To Thailand In Two Months...

Hi there,

I going to move to Thailand with my friend in next two months, never been there before, but looks like there no much better choice than Thailand for me. The first question is about visa-runs, is it still okay in Thailand? Forgot to mention what I'm russian (that's why my english looks strange a bit, lol) and I dont have to order new visas each time I enter thailand, income / outcome stamps in my passport should be enough, but I'm afraid my application may be refused one day I trying to enter thailand...

Another question is about accomodation in Bangkok (sorry if this question should be posted only in accomodation finding forum)...is it still real to rent some condo, flat or maybe small house with two beds for 10-15 baht / month (with possibility to pay month by month)? Most offers looks too expansive for me (prices for acceptable condos with two bedrooms usually starting from 25k p\m :-( )

Edited by ArtemZ

As a Russian you get free visa exempt entries under a mutual agreement between Thailand an Russia. These will not change that soon, but nobody can predict the future.

However, for your first visit you might want to get a free tourist visa from a Thai embassy or consulate. The airline might not take you with them without a visa or proof that you will leave Thailand within 30 days. They are required to check this.

If you look around a bit and depending on your location you should be able to find a place to live in that price category.

As you still have some time, I would try to get yourself a multiple entry non immigrant O visa.

Usually in your home country they might be able to get you one (not sure though, some are more strict then others, no idea on Russia).

If that is not possible, a double entry tourist visa should be no problem at all, maybe even a triple might be possible.

The double entry will give you a guaranteed stay of just under 6 months (with one order run halfway), while the triple will give you almost 9 months of stay (with 2 border runs).

If not holding a visa, a border run through a land border will give you only 15 days, so you'd have to do one twice a month. Only arrival through an airport entitles you to 30 days.

And as mentioned above, unless you have a confirmed return flight with 30 days, there is a good chance the airline will not let you board unless you hold a valid visa (tourist or non immigrant).

If not holding a visa, a border run through a land border will give you only 15 days, so you'd have to do one twice a month. Only arrival through an airport entitles you to 30 days.

I think as a Russian he will get 30 days by air and land under a Bilateral Agreement.

As a Russian you get free visa exempt entries under a mutual agreement between Thailand an Russia. These will not change that soon, but nobody can predict the future.

However, for your first visit you might want to get a free tourist visa from a Thai embassy or consulate. The airline might not take you with them without a visa or proof that you will leave Thailand within 30 days. They are required to check this.

If you look around a bit and depending on your location you should be able to find a place to live in that price category.

Typical rental contract in Bangkok is 2 months down payment and you can pay month-to-month. 1-1.5K may not get you 2 bedrooms in the city central. Perhaps on the fringe like in BangKapi or Lao Prao. In use to live in a condo call Supalai Park in Phahanyoltin, 0ne bedroom, area about 50 sq meters for B18,000. This is near trains and 5 km from city center. This info for your estimation. Hope this help.

Thank you for this information, I was thinking that its only possible to enter Thailand by air if I have round-trip ticket. So, I should not have it if I have tourist visa?

Assuming he forgot the "K" on the "10-15 baht / month".

Thank you Captain Obvious

Why would you move to Thailand if you have never been before? :D

Because I going to leave russia in a short time. I running my business in the internet, but currently its not so well-developed to run without me even a month. By russian laws I must serve in russian army, at least for one year, so, leave russia the only legal choose for me to save my business. :) I'm not criminal scum, illigal one, drunk aggresive idiot or whatever you can imagine about russian who leaving russia. I was thinking about movement to Montenegro, but it looks even more criminal than thailand and not so hot and fun country at all :D

Why would you move to Thailand if you have never been before? :D

The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill..................... :)

Check the Accommodation Finding forum to see what is available.

There are cheap places.

Generally you will need at least one month as a deposit, plus the first month.

Then you pay month by month.