Wanted: Google/htc Nexus One Mobile Phone

garet

The new Google Nexus One Mobile Phone running Android OS 2.0 came out in the US on 4 January.

On Google's website, you can buy the pone unlocked for $530 (17,500 baht). Unfortunately, you can't buy it from the google website in Thailand.

If anyone bought one in the US and isn't happy with it, or would like to sell me a new one for a small mark-up, I'm 100% interested.

The Winners shop in MBK is asking a ridiculous 29,000 Baht for the phone, a 12,500 Baht mark-up.

Please email, call, or text me if you have a phone and would like to sell (Please don't call about selling a different model.)

Don't buy anything at Winner, they used to be good but now they sell phones unreasonably expensive. Last week i went there to check how much is iPhone 3GS and its 29,000 when u can get it for 26215 at True shop and Blackberry Storm 2 they sell for 23000 when anywhere else in MBK its 18000. Anyway today i bought Nexus One at another shop in MBK for 24500, shop name is Platinum.

Jeez why the markup? Just wait a month until they're here officially and save yourself 12k baht...

Do you have any information as to when it will be available here? Can't find anything on the net on official Thailand release dates. Going to their (nexus) site says not available in your country so assume the ones here now are gray-market imports. Looks interesting.

Hit MBK yesterday but no luck: One shop (I think it was Platinum) quoted me 24500, but then they told me they'd sold their last one already. Most of the other shops I tried didn't even have a clue about the phone. One called his supplier and told me it wasn't going to be available in Thailand before another month. Guess there's going to be a rarity premium on it until then.

If anybody has it for around 22 000 I'm interested. Else I'll wait until next month when I go to Taiwan, they'll certainly have it at a much better price over there.

Hit MBK yesterday but no luck: One shop (I think it was Platinum) quoted me 24500, but then they told me they'd sold their last one already. Most of the other shops I tried didn't even have a clue about the phone. One called his supplier and told me it wasn't going to be available in Thailand before another month. Guess there's going to be a rarity premium on it until then.

If anybody has it for around 22 000 I'm interested. Else I'll wait until next month when I go to Taiwan, they'll certainly have it at a much better price over there.

Ditto for me - if anyone has a Nexus One (un-opened, still in box), I'd be interested at about 22,000 baht. If you have one that's been opened and turned on/used already, then maybe 20,000 max.

As for the mark-up at MBK, it's not as bad as it seems (if the cost is 24,500). Including delivery charges/taxes to Singapore or HK, the phone costs about 21,000 baht (at current exchange rates) according to people who have posted scanned copies of their receipts.

Considering the additional trouble of getting the phone here, I'm not too shocked at a 3,500 baht price jump for MBK shops on a new phone.