Any Way To Change One Foreign Currency Into Another In Thailand?

have done this successfully at Money Changers (ie: not bank exchange windows) who are mostly of Indian origin.. but no hassle and we were quite hapy with the rates used..

in bangkok go to "super rich" near big C radjadamri ... close from the kasikorn

Super Rich is the place to do it for small to medium amounts.

Amounts over 20,000USD there are better ways.

If I had over $20,000, what is a better way of exchanging it into baht? I normally exchange my USD at VASU, does SuperRich give you a better rate?

If I had over $20,000, what is a better way of exchanging it into baht? I normally exchange my USD at VASU, does SuperRich give you a better rate?

Please start your own thread. This thread is about changing money from one currency to another when neither currency is Baht.

Please start your own thread. This thread is about changing money from one currency to another when neither currency is Baht.

please don't be so psycho-rigid.... man I'd hate to know you in real life

Unfortunately Briggsy is right, the reason for going from 'foreign' to 'foreign' is the try to avoid the excessive losses of going into baht first, as though you weren't even in Thailand. Right now the Euro / THB rate is taking a free fall that's f*cking driving me nuts, thus hope to leave Euro into anything else as long as I get a rate that doesn't reflect the shitty Euro/THB drop. Anyhow going from 'foreign' to THB is a different issue and not as problematic, thus what he said.

So Super Rich then, will try it sometime soon.

On a similar note, this just goes to show the shear idiocy of having a 1-continent currency -- if only one or two countries out of 15 lags behind, the whole lot have to pay for it?