Takkatan Cave

highonthai

Takkatan cave: It is 7,000 meters long big cave comprising stalactites, stalagmites and rooms that can contain 500 - 2,000 people. Ancient sculpted pictures can be seen in the cave. The cave is situated in Ban Phong and Hang Dong districts

Goggle earth KMZ file

20100123020313_4b5ac9617fa929.20023979.kmz

post-17260-1264242383_thumb.jpg

highonthai... I've been up there too but I never found the main entrance. I found some small rat holes that were absolutely filled with mosquitoes. Where did you find the main entry point? I went to the most westerly point on your GPS route. Dang... looks like another trip up the mountain.

post-498-1264251799_thumb.jpg

post-498-1264251788_thumb.jpg

I have been loking for this cave for a couple of years now, and now this is a sign (your picture) now.

I made it all the way to the grass area, but I was alone and in flipflop's and did not want to make the hike to the entrance alone.

Looks like from the grass area you have to hike down the trail to the entrance. I was also looking for the View point but did not find it. As you can see from my GPS track.

Alot of Saw grass up there, and I'm still feeling it tonight.

From your picture, I take it your on a mountain bike? Wow! hard core...

Edited by highonthai

I have been loking for this cave for a couple of years now, and now this is a sign (your picture) now.

I made it all the way to the grass area, but I was alone and in flipflop's and did not want to make the hike to the entrance alone.

Looks like from the grass area you have to hike down the trail to the entrance. I was also looking for the View point but did not find it. As you can see from my GPS track.

Alot of Saw grass up there, and I'm still feeling it tonight.

From your picture, I take it your on a mountain bike? Wow! hard core...

Yep... That is the grassy area just above where I think the entrance should be. Lot's of small dead end holes but nothing that opened up to anything 7000 meters long. This is getting to be a real mystery as I also heard it was big but in that area I could find no trails that might head to an entry point further up the bluff. I was there during the rainy season so things might have been overgrown. And yes, I crawl all over the area with my mountain bike.... It's a great way to get to so many places like this close to Chiang Mai. That saw grass must have been a killer in flip flops!

Is there any water ponds or streams inside of the caves? I have dove into places like this and come up in some monstorous rooms.

andibk

None of us have ever found the entrence of the cave yet...

But, im sure when we do we will post pictures.