Affordable Hot Chocolate In Thailand?

Portlandstone

Talking about the kind you make at home. Tesco sells a small box of 5 drink packs for 58 baht or so (Van Houten), but I can go through minimum 3 packs in one evening. BigC sells Swiss Miss 10 small drink packs for what is it, 110 baht. Any place have big bags of the stuf (i.e. 30 packs+) at better prices? The above mentioned isn't very cost effective for me.

On that note, there doesn't seem to be anyplace that carries a great selection of products just like back home. That supermarket at the top floor of CentralWorld has some nice stuff, but still seems hit and miss. Not complaining though, just want some HC.

I haven't seen any cheaper mixes anywhere.

I buy bags of cocoa powder, add powdered sugar, powdered milk, salt and cornstarch. Mix it all up and you have the same as the packet mixes at a much lower cost. I use an airtight container to mix and store it. Alton Brown has a recipe on the Food Network website that is a good starting point. I found it hard to find powdered milk so I leave that out and use milk to make the drink instead of water.