Singer Nathan Faces 18 Yrs In Prison

webfact

Nathan faces 18 yrs

By The Nation

Published on January 24, 2010

Nathan Oman, a former singer accused of using his fame and charm to take cash off trusting people, could end up serving 18 years in prison if proven guilty.

Amnat Charoen public prosecutors yesterday said Nathan's former housemaid, Samarn Sukserm, had submitted evidence to investigators that he cheated her out of Bt740,000 over six occasions - hence the six embezzlement counts, each punishable by three years in jail.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-01-24

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

sorry, but is this news we need to know ?

this crook does not need our support right and hopefully will get what he deserves, just googled him and he looks like a big arrogant *$$hol€ if you ask me.

btw i had never heard of him before, probably because i have thai music, radio and tv banned from my house and usually try to avoid local news spoiling my mood.

• 2 weeks later...
I had never heard of him before, probably because I have Thai music, radio and TV banned from my house and usually try to avoid local news spoiling my mood.

How very wise. Serenity assured. Beethoven, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky and Wagner rule. OK?

P.S. Not averse to an occasional offering from Pink Floyd. :)

Why the comments about house maids salaries.

It's always possible that a house maid has land documents or property from ancestors but doesn't have education or cashflow from the propety, and is therefore working in a low paid job.

She's just as entitled to respect and justice as any other person.

Edited by scorecard

It's always possible that a house maid has land documents or property from ancestors but doesn't have education or cashflow from the propety, and is therefore working in a low paid job.

Heavens above. You must just love going out on a limb. If she didn't have any cash flow how come he squeezed 740,000 baht out of her?

I suggest that he will now be receiving the treatment that he richly deserves and she gets some psychiatric help and treatment.

Heavens above. You must just love going out on a limb. If she didn't have any cash flow how come he squeezed 740,000 baht out of her?

I suggest that he will now be receiving the treatment that he richly deserves and she gets some psychiatric help and treatment.

Read the news... indetail before commenting would help. Her parents and gran parents got land. They put the land in the bank and take the money out.

Read the news... indetail before commenting would help. Her parents and gran parents got land. They put the land in the bank and take the money out.

It appears, if we are to believe newspaper reports, that you may in fact be correct and that her family owned land. I queried the fact that she would have cash flow. Since she had worked for this lying toad for 10 years it was a reasonable doubt. Borrowing money from relatives is hardly cash flow in my book but then I live with both feet firmly planted on solid ground.

It seems to me that all the combatants in this sleazy affair live on another planet. In the lead role we have a Walter Mitty lookalike with a long history of lying, supported by two voluble wannabe ladies apparently intent on self promotion, and a very gullible family careless in the extreme in the application of their capital. You couldn't write such a script, but then this is Thailand. Where else in the world could you persuade your maid to lend you more than 10 years salary? I do hope that justice is served but I do wonder if judgment is passed against him where he will get the money to repay the family. As for the lady earning my respect....... yeah. Right on.

Where else in the world could you persuade your maid to lend you more than 10 years salary?

Indeed.

Think my brother (in the UK) has a Rumanian or Bulgarian come in once a week. Just imagine, "Would you mind doing the bathroom floor, Olga and could you lend me your entire family's wealth which has taken 3 generations to accumulate?"