Foot Massages

Wrong Turn

Honest question, about Foot Massages.

Are there real, substantiated benefits?

Or are they just for "relaxation."

I've gotten them from time to time (about twice a year) but want to know if there are any medical studies or other studies (Asian) on the benefits of foot massages.

TIA.

The ones in the touristy areas would just be for relaxation and maybe no real benefits at all. Could also be rushing back for a another foot massage because it's acting up

A real one should feel painful at 1st and hit the right points in the feet losing the tension parts and it's believed to have positive medical benefits.

I look at the 2 different types of massages around Bangkok as candy or vegetables, im sure you get the point.

The ones in the touristy areas would just be for relaxation and maybe no real benefits at all. Could also be rushing back for a another foot massage because it's acting up

A real one should feel painful at 1st and hit the right points in the feet losing the tension parts and it's believed to have positive medical benefits.

I look at the 2 different types of massages around Bangkok as candy or vegetables, im sure you get the point.

Agreed on the candy vs. vegetables. I want and need the Veggies.

I hear you on the hard and soft foot massages. I recently got one in a tourist area b/c I've had foot probs (as noted on this forum) and she was way too soft.

I need a recommendation for a place not in a tourist area, and by someone with anat-physio, foot massage knowledge.

Thanks for the info, Arial.